How do I find a Mainland Infohub?

JessicaHawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

"Home" has two different meanings in SL.  It can mean "the place where you go as a default when you log in or click the 'HOME' button on your viewer."  It can also mean "a place where you own or rent property and may build a house." The two might be the same spot, but they don't need to be.

You can only set ONE default "Home" (the first type of "home").  It's your place to go if all else fails.  It's the spot you end up if you indicate "Home" on the login page.  It's the place you go in an emergency if you are being griefed.  You may set "Home":

1. On any property that you own.

2. On any property that is owned by a group you belong to, if your role in the group gives you that right.

3. At any of Linden Lab's InfoHubs (These show up with a special icon on your world map.  There is also a list -- probably out of date -- at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Basic_Resource_Toolbox  ).

If you want a place to put a house (that's the second kind of "home"), they you'll have to buy or rent land somewhere.  You can look in the land listings in the Land forums here, or you can use your Search function in world to look for advertized land.  I suggest that you first do some background reading.  Start here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043  .  Then, consider seriously taking a free class from Lindal Kidd at Caledon Oxbridge University in world on Friday night at 5 SLT.  She'll tell you all you want to know about owning and managing land, so that you don't make a costly mistake before you get started.

• Like 1

I bought one feet at "The Shops mainstore" then i received one hud the iten didnt come to my inventory, the ¨Live Help" told i dint pay, the money gonne. I have the transation history and dont shows i payd nothing but shows i lost the money whit nothing. Someone can help me? 

I bought one feet at "The Shops mainstore" then i received one hud the feet didnt come to my inventory, the ¨Live Help" told i do not paid, i lost the money. I have the transaction history and dont shows that i paid nothing but shows i lost the money with nothing. Someone can help me? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.