Sign in to follow this  
mobiusonemasterchief Infin

large strips of the grid missing?!

I've seen it before. I think it's just a rending issue, the data can really add up as you zoom out. I can look to see next time I'm inworld.

It happens sometimes. You can see it without going in-world, starting at (say) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/calleta .  Usually the missing data is specific to a particular zoom level, in this case apparently all but the most detailed level (try zooming in all the way).

Sometimes it corrects itself. More often, somebody pings a Linden (as at a Server user group) or files a support case that eventually makes its way to the keepers of the map-scanning scripts.

This happened before some time ago for a while. The map "tiles" are actually snapshots generated by a program and stored somewhere on the servers. and they're never completely current. There may have been a hardware issue recently that meant the map-tile server went down for a while and the tiles your viewer was looking for weren't generated for some reason. They should come back eventually  but it might be a few days before the map-tile cycle is complete again.

The way things have been getting steadily worse, the last few days, it wouldn't much surprise me if Responsible Linden had toddled off to see Mummy and Daddy, as all Good Lindens should. And missing the weekly sim reboot never seems to help

The region snapshotter hasn't been working for a while anyway. I constantly see the same tiles on the world map for days at a time, with piles of vehicles up against a sim border. The chances of 30 vehicles crossing the same sim border at the exact same second is fairly low, so hell if i know what's going on with it