Performance problems even at the login screen

EligibleJam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi:

I posted this question to the Server forum, but I should have posted here, since this is probably a client problem.  Here is my problem in a nutshell:

• At times (at least once daily), when I'm inworld, I experience incredibly slow chat lags.  People around me have no lag problems at all, but I'm the one who can't  type anything.  
  • While this is going on, my FPS are perfectly fine (~30-35), no packet loss, and the ping time is under 100ms.
  • The most intriguing thing is that this even happens at the login prompt.  When I launch Firestorm I can't even enter my user name.  I would type my entire user name, my PC would store those keystrokes in memory, but it takes at least 2 minutes to display the first character, and then another 2 to display the next one, and so on.
  • If trying to switch to another window on my desktop, the command Alt+Tab doesn't work, I have to click on another window using my mouse.

I have no idea what could be causing this.  I am using a wireless connection, but my FPS are decent so I doubt that is the problem.  

I recently did a clean reinstall of FS, but the problem appeared again after just a couple of hours of being inworld.  Here are my desktop specs:

• Graphics Card:  Intel HD Graphics 2000 (9.17.10.3223)
  • Processor:  Intel Core i3 2120 3.3 GHz
  • Motherboard part number:  Can't get the actual model and part number, but I had a Dell Inspiron 620, if that helps.
  • Keyboard:  Logitech Wireless K520
  • Accessibility Settings:  None

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Everything was working great, until about a month ago that this started happening.  I might have changed a setting along the way, but the reinstall should have fixed that.

• 1 month later...

To close the loop on this issue ... it was the wireless keyboard.  As soon as I switched to a corded one, all my problems were gone.  This was very unexpected, as none of the other applications installed on my desktop ever experienced any problem.  Thanks for all your help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.