Moderately confused by Marketplace Error Message

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of my alts was trying to follow a link to a marketplace item and was confronted with this baffling message:

marketplace screenshot.jpg

I double checked and the items is, indeed, rated Moderate, though it seems accessible only to people who have set "Show Maturity Levels" to show Adult, too.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

Screenshot of page as visible when Adult is selected:

marketplace screenshot 2.PNG

Maybe that alt's account is broken like mine was. My birthdate was correct at signup. Inworld access worked fine, even access to adult regions worked once I set it. Still I could not see mature/adult stuff correctly on the marketplace or web search, and could not even receive marketplace gifts rated like that. It took a support ticket and an ID check to get it fixed.

I tried to reproduce what happened to you and had no problem viewing that item or anything in that category.  I tried again with setting my rating to General only too, with the same result.  That really surprised me as I would think BDSM stuff would all be at least Mature if not Adult content. 

Makes me wonder about the whole rating system.  You try to sell normal clothing in an XXS size and get rated adult or a regular house that happens to have a bar and get a mature rating, but things that IMO should be adult are viewable with the general only filter activated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.