Sign in to follow this  
sophienuage

Divorce

sophienuage wrote:

So yes we maybe change the term divorce to 
 "Dissolution of SL Partnership", or unpartenered or something like that,

I feel the phrase "termination with extreme prejudice" as featured in many spy thrillers, if not actually stamped on ******* CIA files, has the right ******* ring to it.

**********Rudi**********

sophienuage wrote:

Hello, thank you again for your answers 

"Dissolution of SL Partnership", or unpartenered or something like that, because it seems very complicated to find someone who's really divroced on Sl (  but yes we maybe found a person who has been married in sl ( not a role play ) and then divorced). 

We didn't want to create a debate about the divroce but thank you very much for all these reflections that will advance our research. 

So to be clear, we only need to find someone who has been in a relationship (married or not) on sl but it could be better if it was with real feelings to share with us his experiment, his feeling, his break-up, etc. 

I pleased that you were not so rigid that you would not consider a term other than divorce, but I must point out that the term "Partner" can have different meanings in SL.  While I have to assume that most partnerships in SL consist of the type which is romantic, this is not the only reason why people "partner" other people here.  So, if your research is specifically about romantic relationships, you might want to make that very clear from the beginning.  Of course, you can use any term you wish for your final thesis... I'm simply trying to make it easier for you to understand SL terminology in order for you to better zone in on that which is the true focus of your research.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

sophienuage wrote:

"Dissolution of SL Partnership", or unpartenered or something like that, because it seems very complicated to find someone who's really divroced on Sl (  but yes we maybe found a person who has been married in sl ( not a role play ) and then divorced). 

We didn't want to create a debate about the divroce but thank you very much for all these reflections that will advance our research. 

So to be clear, we only need to find someone who has been in a relationship (married or not) on sl but it could be better if it was with real feelings to share with us his experiment, his feeling, his break-up, etc. 

I pleased that you were not so rigid that you would not consider a term other than divorce, but I must point out that the term "Partner" can have different meanings in SL.  While I have to assume that most partnerships in SL consist of the type which is romantic, this is not the only reason why people "partner" other people here.  So, if your research is specifically about romantic relationships, you might want to make that very clear from the beginning.  Of course, you can use any term you wish for your final thesis... I'm simply trying to make it easier for you to understand SL terminology in order for you to better zone in on that which is the true focus of your research.

...Dres

Everyone knows what partner means. 

A3123 wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

sophienuage wrote:

...Dres

Everyone knows what partner means. 

You obviously haven't read what he wrote.