Sooooo close!

Allison Lynagh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I've managed to hobble together a few codes from various scripts and gotten what I want.. almost. This is a dancer and sound player (A single song with animations that cycle sequentially according to a list). But I've somewhere failed, as the sound cycle is linked to the animation cycle. I kinda need the sound timer event and the animation timer event to be two seperate things so I can have the animation cycle at increments longer than 10 seconds. Any help would be superbly appreciated.

I've determined the line of scripting that needs help (directly below) but I'm not exactly sure how to have 2 timer events triggered at the same time. 

timer()
    {
     ++gDance;

if(ON == 1){llSetTimerEvent(SoundLength); ON = 2;}
        llStopAnimation(Allison);
        integer i = gDance %llGetListLength(dances);
        Allison = llList2String(dances,i);
        llStartAnimation(Allison);
        llPlaySound((string)(++SoundClipNumber),1.0);
        if(SoundClipNumber == MaxSoundClips){llSetTimerEvent(LastSoundLength); ON = 1; SoundClipNumber = 0;}
        llPreloadSound((string)(SoundClipNumber+1));

}

integer ON = 0;                    //STATE OF SCRIPT
integer MaxSoundClips = 18;         //AMOUNT OF SONG CLIPS, NAME THEM 1,2,3,4,ETC 
integer SoundLength = 10;           //FIRST SERIES OF SOUND LENGTHS
integer LastSoundLength = 2;       //INCASE LAST SOUND CLIP IS SHORTER
integer SoundClipNumber = 0;       //FOR SOUND LOOP
integer gDance;
list dances = [
 "dance1", 
 "dance2",  
 "dance3"  
 ];                     //LIST DANCES HERE, "Name of Dance", (no comma after last dance
string Allison;

ResetToDefault()
{
    llStopSound();
    llSetTimerEvent(0.00);
    ON = 0;
    SoundClipNumber = 0;
}

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llListen(0, "", "", "");
    }

attach(key id)
    {
        if(id)
        {
            llOwnerSay(" Commands 'on' or 'off'");
            llRequestPermissions(id, PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
        }
        else ResetToDefault();
    }

timer()
    {
     ++gDance;

if(ON == 1){llSetTimerEvent(SoundLength); ON = 2;}
        integer i = gDance %llGetListLength(dances);
        Allison = llList2String(dances,i);
        llPlaySound((string)(++SoundClipNumber),1.0);
        if(SoundClipNumber == MaxSoundClips){llSetTimerEvent(LastSoundLength); ON = 1; SoundClipNumber = 0;}
        llPreloadSound((string)(SoundClipNumber+1));

}

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)
    {
        message = llToLower(message);
        if (ON == 0 && message == "on")
        {
            ON = 1;
            Allison = "sit"; //DEFAULT STARTING ANIM, CHANGE IF YOU LIKE
            llSetTimerEvent(0.5); //THIS SETS TIME BEFORE THE DANCER KICKS IN
        }
        else if(message == "off"){ResetToDefault();}
    }
}

You can have a timer event do more than one thing though.

They just won't happen at exactly the same tame. 

I've seen SL take a LONG time to load sounds initially, so playing sounds and sync with animation can be a real problem.  The first / second / third time through, the anim may play with no sound.

A 1 second timer in combination with a counter might be what you need.
Like this:

integer seconds;default{    state_entry(){        llSetTimerEvent(1.0);    }        timer(){        ++seconds;        if (seconds == 5){            // do something after 5 seconds        }        if (seconds == 7){           // do something after 7 seconds        }         seconds = 0;    }}

Allison Lynagh wrote:

So, I've managed to hobble together a few codes from various scripts and gotten what I want.. almost. This is a dancer and sound player (A single song with animations that cycle sequentially according to a list). But I've somewhere failed, as the sound cycle is linked to the animation cycle. I kinda need the sound timer event and the animation timer event to be two seperate things so I can have the animation cycle at increments longer than 10 seconds. Any help would be superbly appreciated.

I've determined the line of scripting that needs help (directly below) but I'm not exactly sure how to have 2 timer events triggered at the same time. 
    timer()    {     ++gDance;                if(ON == 1){llSetTimerEvent(SoundLength); ON = 2;}        llStopAnimation(Allison);        integer i = gDance %llGetListLength(dances);        Allison = llList2String(dances,i);        llStartAnimation(Allison);        llPlaySound((string)(++SoundClipNumber),1.0);        if(SoundClipNumber == MaxSoundClips){llSetTimerEvent(LastSoundLength); ON = 1; SoundClipNumber = 0;}        llPreloadSound((string)(SoundClipNumber+1));            }

integer ON = 0;                    //STATE OF SCRIPTinteger MaxSoundClips = 18;         //AMOUNT OF SONG CLIPS, NAME THEM 1,2,3,4,ETC integer SoundLength = 10;           //FIRST SERIES OF SOUND LENGTHSinteger LastSoundLength = 2;       //INCASE LAST SOUND CLIP IS SHORTERinteger SoundClipNumber = 0;       //FOR SOUND LOOPinteger gDance;list dances = [ "dance1",  "dance2",   "dance3"   ];                     //LIST DANCES HERE, "Name of Dance", (no comma after last dancestring Allison;ResetToDefault(){    llStopSound();    llSetTimerEvent(0.00);    llStopAnimation(Allison);    ON = 0;    SoundClipNumber = 0;}    default{    state_entry()    {        llListen(0, "", "", "");    }        attach(key id)    {        if(id)        {            llOwnerSay(" Commands 'on' or 'off'");            llRequestPermissions(id, PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);        }        else ResetToDefault();    }    timer()    {     ++gDance;                if(ON == 1){llSetTimerEvent(SoundLength); ON = 2;}        llStopAnimation(Allison);        integer i = gDance %llGetListLength(dances);        Allison = llList2String(dances,i);        llStartAnimation(Allison);        llPlaySound((string)(++SoundClipNumber),1.0);        if(SoundClipNumber == MaxSoundClips){llSetTimerEvent(LastSoundLength); ON = 1; SoundClipNumber = 0;}        llPreloadSound((string)(SoundClipNumber+1));            }        listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        message = llToLower(message);        if (ON == 0 && message == "on")        {            ON = 1;            Allison = "sit"; //DEFAULT STARTING ANIM, CHANGE IF YOU LIKE            llStartAnimation(Allison);            llSetTimerEvent(0.5); //THIS SETS TIME BEFORE THE DANCER KICKS IN        }        else if(message == "off"){ResetToDefault();}    }}

Deja vu code- http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/Need-script/m-p/1964773#M16753

[Edit to point more directly to the script I recognized.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.