Copy-cat

Adel Chester

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i found copy-cat store in marketplace he or she sellings stolen skins and dances or animal. i didnt know where i do write to this topic on forums but i must tell to anybody this problem .

and it dude sellings pretty evil hud. will thats crash sim and avatar or your grafic board. please dont buy!

Posting here does no good. Linden doesn't read these forums or act on this kind of thing if they do.  Only the original creator can file a request to have the content removed through a DMCA.  The right thing to do is contact the creators and tell them about it.

BTW, naming and shaming like this is against the rules of the forum.  I'd remove the link if I were you or you may  get in trouble for it.

It's so important to make sure you are buying from the designer and not from a thief. The integrity of SL is a lot more important than people realize. Yes, I wish LL could do more, but it's also up to all of us to help as best we can. I suppose it was wrong to post that link, but I have to admit when I clicked on it, it reminded me that I wanted to try out some of the Hush skins because they make appliers for Slink hands and feet. And so, in support of a true SL designer, I visited the Hush store and bought a lovely skin, the hands and feet appliers and, just for kicks, some makeup.

Down with copy-cats and up with all the true SL artists :matte-motes-big-grin:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Steffi Villota wrote:

Not very smart to post a link to copied Items here!
:(

Any one that would be foolish enough to buy items that are obviously at risk of a DMCA take down would deserve what they get.

The problem is, for a lot of us there is no way of knowing what is stolen and what is not.

I do not shop at the high priced stores, so I would never know if something for sale for 50 lindens is also being sold someplace else for 2000 lindens. I would never even look in a store selling thing for that much money.

Many times I look in a store at one item, if the price is to high I look no further, I walk out. On the MP I use the side bar and put a limit on the price so I will never see the higher priced items. If it looks nice and it is being backed by Linden Lab (its on the MP), then who am I to question it, and the bigger question is, how do I question it. And if I need to spend a week looking up who created what and how much its being sold for in how many different places by how many different people in how many different stores brands, then I would just stop buying anything.

I see posted so many times things like this saying, you would be foolish to buy, but if you don't give a step by step process of how to tell, exactly what to do and what steps to take, then just saying, you should know better does absolutely no good at all.

And when someone says, that is obviously from that other game, well, sorry but I don't play any other game, none of them, SL is it.

I've been in SL for over six years and I can't tell what is stolen, so how is it so obvious to others?

I'm not trying to pick on you Perrie, but this subject comes up all the time and I still don't know how to tell if something is stolen.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Steffi Villota wrote:

Not very smart to post a link to copied Items here!
:(

Any one that would be foolish enough to buy items that are obviously at risk of a DMCA take down would deserve what they get.

The problem is, for a lot of us there is no way of knowing what is stolen and what is not.

I've been in SL for over six years and I can't tell what is stolen, so how is it so obvious to others?

I'm not trying to pick on you Perrie, but this subject comes up all the time and I still don't know how to tell if something is stolen.

I am aware of the difficulties in knowing what is what.

I'm also aware of reasons why "name and shame" is not allowed in this Forum.  It is just as easy to post a false accusation as a true one.

But I think you missed my point.  Someone who would knowingly go and buy something that has been identified as stolen goods with out doing a bit of research would deserve what they got if the product was removed.  And sometimes there are some very tell tale signs.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

.....and it is being backed by Linden Lab
(its on the MP), then who am I to question it, and the bigger question is, how do I question it.

On the MP and InWorld it can be next to impossible to know if something is stolen unless you are an 'expert' in the category.  Of course there is the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is too good to be true." 

As far as the first phrase, you are free to make that assumption but we are all clearly warned about this in the TOS and other places.  It's a consumer beware market and LL makes no warrants about anything sold on the MP.

No different than EBay.  They give clear warnings about fraudulent goods.  They do not warrant the validity of any posting.  You are cautioned to exercise good sense.  And while it is true that they do a much better job at dispute resolution don't assume that everyone who has been ripped off on EBay has gotten their money back.  Truth is not everyone does.

eta:shpelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.