Where to meet friends

Aimy Rayna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been on SL for years, but I have lost contact with my friends. I tried wandering the grid to find new ones but feel so out of place. It's not easy for a person with social phobia (Anxiety) and agoraphobia to find people. I end up spending all my time creating alone or sitting in my house alone. It's time to find a good group of friends 30's and up. I just want to feel comfortable enough to be myself and enjoy laughing with people.

I love laughing, dancing, hanging out, hunts, exploring, photography, and creating... I am very shy at first, but once I get to know you, I will be very relaxed and open. 

I'm married and a mother of 4 from 25 years to 10 years old. 

Hi Almy

Come visit Trade Winds and get involved with us in some 18th century pirate roleplay ;p.  We're actually a very nice community that has dances, events, sailing battles and a whole lot of other nonsenical chatty mayhem.  There are people here that have been friends for years and I am really lucky to be a part of the community now.

Its also a great spot for photography, hanging out, searching for treasure ;p and its an inspiring place to create.  Its a group of 10 regions so you may need to explore a little but there are Navies, Corsairs and other firendly lowlife.

Another good place to meet people is in classes like at New Citizen Incorporated. Lots of folks hang around there and chat and you learn something in the process. Personally I think the best plan is just to get out and do what you enjoy doing and not worry too much about "finding" people. When you look too hard it seems to be counterproductive.

Find some groups with activities that you like and join those. Most likely there will be folks there interested in making new friends.

Good luck.

Chic Aeon wrote:

Another good place to meet people is in classes like at New Citizen Incorporated. Lots of folks hang around there and chat and you learn something in the process. 

Good luck.

Yep, I totally agree. Here some pics and the slurl of the place:

http://www.second-life-adventures.com/kuula-citizen-incorporated/

If you search for it , use the name "Kuula"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.