animations fail anywere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i was wodering if its my grafics card or an SL bug since project sunshine was rolled out.

anywere i go and see, almost every other prim animation fails to render, like opening a door to seeing scripted pets come apart when they move.

is this a shortcoming of my card or is it SL in general?

DATA:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor            (3120.92 MHz)
Memory: 8174 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 220/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.1106
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

Draw distance: 444
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 4
Render quality: Medium (3/7)
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 28/179,291 (0.0%)

my pets do that all the time, i have zooby pets and a zooby baby and cats from kittycats......... i think that is a lag issue, especially if it only happens on items like that.  i dont have a great graphics card so i cant say if a graphics card would improve this at all.  but when im not lagging my pets are just fine on my lower end graphics card so my opinion is its not your card.

I don't think it's to do with SL generally.   

When a door opens and closes, the way it's normally done, the script simply tells the sim to move the door through 90 degrees, with no intervening steps, and then the sim tries to interpolate the intervening steps and tells your GPU (card) to draw them, to make the movement look smooth.

You are using an old, and very low-end, GPU, which is perfectly OK for wordprocessing, spreadsheets, email and browsing the web, but is going to be struggling badly with a graphics-intensive application like SL.   You also have your draw distance set very high (I have a mid-range GPU, an nVidia GTX 550, and I usually keep my draw distance below 100), and, while you don't tell us about your internet connection, your bandwidth setting of 500 looks low for most cable modems.

Tl;dr -- upgrading your graphics card would almost certainly improve your experience of SL, but some of your settings could use tweaks, too. 

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor            (3120.92 MHz)

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 220/PCIe/SSE2

Oh I see what you did there: took  an old lawnmower and covered it with a ferrari body. That won't help you getting any ferrrari-like driving experience. :smileysad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.