Harassment

Yui Biedermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :)

a person is harassing me right now with some kind of a script or object, that throws me around the sim, a public sim, and i don't know how can i stop it. I can't really manage to sit down because i'm being bounced to high altitudes all the time, so what can i do? Is there some sort of protection item or an option to block this? Why is this even allowed to use this stuff on people without them even accepting the activation of that script?

If this happens to you where ever you go, then yes, its an attachment.  If this only happens in one location it is not an attachment.  It could be an offensive HUD someone is wearing or an invisible scripted object.

If its the latter there isn't much you can do but avoid that location for a while until whoever is doing it gets bored and stops.  You can also get a defensive HUD to wear tht has move lock and shields.  These are available on the MP.  Some HUDS have both defensive and offensive capabilities. Some also can tell you who is targeting you.  If you get one of these, DO NOT RETALIATE if you find out who is doing this, just AR them instead.  Griefers like to provoke people into retaliation and then AR you.

Jinx Requiem wrote:

I found this very informative, and sorry for the noob question, but what is 'AR' exactly?

I had never even heard of defense HUDs until now, hehe.  Interesting.

ARing is otherwise known as Abuse Report.

And theres huds for anything. Attacking. Defending. Even using the restroom. Take your pick.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.