is there any way i can change all my details on my account so my avi is totaly hidden like display n

Redscar Dreamscape

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Hi Redscar,

So long as you have a SL account, its profile will be visible. You can delete everything in your profile, empty your friends list and restrict access to your profile to "Friends", but the fact that the account exists cannot be hidden.

To fold up your profile, go to https://my.secondlife.com/settings/privacy and set the access controls to Friends or, when allowed, "Nobody".

The only way to make an avatar completely vanish from SL is to close the account.

As for transferring inventory, you can only transfer items that have "Transfer" permissions. If you try a wholesale drag of folders if things from one avatar to another, only "Transfer" items will move. And anything you created under the original avatar will continue to show that avatar as creator, and you may find that if you were not careful assigning permissions on the things you created, your new avatar will end up with restricted permissions on the things you created. So make all your creations full perm before moving them. This includes making sure that the permissions on things contained inside things you've built, like textures and scripts, are also full perm.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Just give your av a vacation.  Create an alt, set up in a new place with a different crowd, and build a new inventory.   In a year or so, when most of your current friends have stopped asking "Whatever happened to good ol' Redscar?", you can bring him back from vacation if you like.  Don't go back to greet the old gang.  Hang out with your alt's friends (or just stay quietly in the background as his alt). 

• Like 2

Rolig has nailed the emotional/social side of your question, Redscar. I'm on my second Second Life. However, I do not recommend creating two new avatars and making them both known to the same circle of friends. This results in constant bickering between the alts, as they compete for the attentions of their common friends and suffer bruised egos when one is invariably preferred over the other.

If you're feeling though like putting your clothes onto the beach and swimming out into the great blue yonder it is, as Roligs 1 & 2 and Maddie/Snugs have already said, really easy to put your main avatar into stasis for now just by not logging in with it until/unless you're ready to return to it.

But I say why have one when you can have up to five per household?

I treat my avatars like different handbags in that their inventory items are quite different, apart from the useful HUDs, which I may have had to buy separate copies of rather than just transfer over from my main. In the big scheme of things, it wasn't an expensive thing to do.

But ... remember ... you can easily mute/block certain people inworld and on the Second Life feeds if its certain people who are making you want to hide away.

If you're trying to undo something that you did, or run away from a relationship/friendship, its just better to be honest, because you cannot ever hide away from yourself or your own conscience.

(I had to have a deep and "dramatic" post - haven't had one in a while and its the LAW! ) :matte-motes-big-grin::catvery-happy::robotvery-happy::womanvery-happy:

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.