Breaking News! Fitted Mesh Project Viewer

arton Rotaru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

mtwtfss71 wrote:

I can attest to the BELLY collision bone creating a mess once the belly slider goes above about 14. I hope more work is done on that one in particular.

Also, are people successfully uploading mesh clothing using the collision bones into the testing viewer? I'm getting an error even though according to blender, my mesh is fine.

I have successfully uploaded mesh using the new Collision Bones with Maya.  At first I thought I was doing something wrong or that Maya was having a problem because when I would wear the mesh part or most of the mesh would disappear and looked like it was being stretched out to the horizon.

I found out that there is a bug in the Fitted Mesh test viewer.  It only seems to affect those using ATI graphics cards.  There are two options you can use to see your mesh properly with these card. 

1. In your viewer's preferences graphic settings turn on Advanced Lighting Mode.

-OR-

2. In SL edit your meshes faces so that the textures are all set to full bright.

wesleytron wrote:

How well would this system (as compared to the mesh deformer) work for making and applying to mesh avatars? Which would be better at adjusting, say, the shape of female human mesh avatar using the standard sliders?

asra Orfan's avatars have been using the collision volume method (calling it "brane mesh deformer") for a while now, and it actually works pretty well. (This maker also got chest jiggle working in a fashion, using a special animation and tweaked rigging.)

• 2 weeks later...

Same effect same iussue same fix.

I use maya as well  but I am running old Generation nvidia cards.

I would hear from one of those with the new  nvidia CUDA if this is still happening too.

Offtpic complaint:

LL should not release bones and skeletons in maya format .

Why should we support only a platform that costs 6000 Bucks?

Don't forget also that maya is the most stupid software ever with its silly updates that could let old version files not work on new ones and viceversa then you need to use those plugin/converters and cross fingers.

your world your immagination it said at beginning but my immagination shouldn't cost 6000 $ Dollars

A blender file or a collada would be much more appreciated.

Astrid Kaufmat wrote:

your world your immagination it said at beginning but my immagination shouldn't cost 6000 $ Dollars

You mean like the one that Gaia Clary made available in this thread? http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Blend-File-for-Fitted-Mesh-Development/m-p/2358945#U2358945

Astrid Kaufmat wrote:

Same effect same iussue same fix.

I use maya as well  but I am running old Generation nvidia cards.

I would hear from one of those with the new  nvidia CUDA if this is still happening too.

Offtpic complaint:

LL should not release bones and skeletons in maya format .

Why should we support only a platform that costs 6000 Bucks?

Don't forget also that maya is the most stupid software ever with its silly updates that could let old version files not work on new ones and viceversa then you need to use those plugin/converters and cross fingers.

I understand your frustration Astrid but I disagree with you that LL should not release the bones and skeleton in the Maya format.  I don't think it would be fair to throw Maya users under the bus like that me being one of them.  

Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of Maya price or compatibility issues with newer and older versions of Maya.

LL usually releases things in Maya format because that is what program was used to create them in the first place.  LL is simply doing what is easiest, quickest and unfortunately cheapest for them to do to get the files in content creators hands.

I would like to see LL make a much bigger effort at providing or organizing a way for us to get the files in many different formats Blender being only one of them.  There are after all many more 3D Modeling programs out there that can be used to make mesh for SL other than just Maya and Blender.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.