Help - Modified viewer?

Corwin Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HELP!  We need a modified Second Life viewer for a highly effective K-12 program that has made a difference in 100's of lives over the past 6 years. Recent changes to SL have completely disrupted the program. We have tried every technical solution and compromise available and have one path left: 

"To accomplish our goal in having Second Life working with both Avatars and Voice, the programmers of the Second Life viewer(s) will need to allow only HTTP through the proxy and allow HTTP/SSL out directly (no proxy).  This will solve our HTTPS/SSL problems with the use of non-standard ports." 

Vist the project site here:  http://www.district75.net/3d/

And please write to jhoward@learningtimes.com if you can help.

If I were you, I'd ask a third party viewer developer for assistance.  Since you seem to prefer Firestorm, you might want to ask someone on the Phoenix dev team if they can help you or tell you what you need to do.  It's possible that all that's required is a line of code, which you can add to theirs, then compile your own viewer... I really have no idea.  But, I do know that they'd probably be more willing to help than LL would.

You might start by submitting a request on their JIRA (link).

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.