Mesh Breasts

Ashe Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before you read into this,  I've already been to this page right here.  Which doesn't really give me much insight on the various types of mesh breasts that are out there.

Alright, now that I have that out of the way.  I hope we can talk boobs.  I'm debating on buying a pair of mesh breasts for the reason being that a lot of clothes that I like, just look a lot better with them than without them - So.. Knowing that Lola Tangos does dominate the market, I really am not all that interested in paying that price, I want to know about the other mesh breasts out there and from their users.   I've asked the Big Boobie Babes group, but they really don't offer much indepth experince from the mesh breasts, They are just reciting what the link i've listed says and that doesn't do me much good.  So, If any forum goers have any experince they want to share that might help me out in deciding what to buy as far as breasts are concerned, that would be wonderful

Well, if you don't want Lolas Tangos, I can recommend Puffys. I have them on 2 avatars and outfits made for Lolas Tangos work nice with them. They are cheap, have a demo and I can use 2 layers the same time without adding any more scripts, unlike the Tangos.

Only 1 thing that is a problem with Puffys-- skin matching. I know only of 2 creators making skin appliers for Puffy, Pink Fuel and Aeva/Heartsick. The Pink Fuel Vanilla is very close to Glam Affair Europa, it is possible to use appliers with some creativity... The Puffy mesh breasts have a different form then the Tangos so you will not look just like the ad for an outfit. 

Under is my Puffy mesh boobs, used Pink Fuel applier and Glam Affair body. Standard SL windlight noon, a mediocre laptop that's just good enough to run ultra with shadows. The seams you can see under the collarbone could be invisible with a optimized windlight setting. Most seams between avatar and attachments is possible to see in default lightning. The top is from Sassy! made for Lolas Tangos, it's no problems, just wear the applier and click. If you read the Marketplace reviews for Puffys, it was more complicated before, you had to rez the cloth applier on the ground and edit it before you could apply the textile layer.

From my experience, the Puffys is really good if you can work around the skin applier problem.

puffy noon.jpg

It's not so many active users on this forum. I have the BBusty Magnus Ubaras too - what a name! I forgot them, because their nipples are so special. They have rested in my inventory for so long. I started out by buying the cheapest ones, that's the BBusty. Then I was so unhappy with them that I upgraded to Puffy, they are a lot better, but then I gave in and bought Lolas on my main (Marianne). The blog post you link to is not updated. BBusty has added some fixes that they explain in their blog. For me, it looks like they try to please those who want a more mainstream look. You need some editing and patience. http://eira-tinythings.blogspot.no/p/bbusty-magnus-ubera.html

If you are picky about your appearance and change skins often, my guess would be that you will not be 100% satisfied with buying a cheap set and try to make them work and look like Lolas Tangos. On Marianne, I buy skins often, in almost all events like Collabor 88 and sales. My alt with Puffy breasts stay in the same skin much longer, so when skin matching is done, no need to mess with it. Tattoos and clothes work like Tangos.

Another thing is that you can't unsee what's seen. If you like the more rounded look with mesh breasts instead of the blocky shape the default LL avatar has, it's harder to take off your attachments. I have it this way. I have worn mesh feet for so long, I can't go without them even when I'm alone. It's just too ugly to look at the default feet. Goes the same way with hands. 

It sounds like I'm very pleased with the Tangos, but I'm not. They have no demo, they were stupidly bad scripted with too high memory usage and the sizing is only smaller or bigger, you can't edit x, y and z individually. You couldn't even use 2 layers the same time, so you could have a tattoo under a top!  I unpacked the update and the script usage is much better, but I found out that I still have to put in another script to get two layers at the same time. I will use the old ones because I had already killed 20 scripts in them, and fixed them so I could use tattoos. "I" didn't make the scripts, I just followed instructions.... ;)

But they have the market, if you like me don't have much time to spend on editing and using workarounds, then they are worth the price.

You need to demo all you can demo and look at them. I have tried almost all on the list you link to in your main post. Well, not the fetish ones. I was surprised that I didn't like the brand many prefer over Tangos, the Lush breasts. But that is just me. 

Keep in mind this is just my own personal opinion/experience:

The first pair of mesh boobs that I bought were by Mused.  They were great and everything, but as I got to playing around with the settings, I realized that I absolutely hate the process of skin blending.

Hence the importants of skin appliers when you buy mesh boobs.  There are skin designers that accomodate to people that do not wear the Lola's boobs, (I can't name them offhand, sorry), but you're more than likely going to be hard pressed to find quality skin designers offering anything other than Tango appliers.   

A few of my favorite skin designers that provide appliers (and also mesh butt, hand, and feet appliers):  Glam Affair, Al Vulo, The Sugar Garden (skin I wear now), and The Skinnery.

Allow me to elaborate:  I frequent shopping events quite a bit, and I can probably count on one hand the number of designers that provide appliers for anything other than Lola's Tango mesh breasts.  From experience, I've seen the more popular designers accomodate to eCorps, Mused, and Puffy boobs, (Ellemeno is one designer, I believe) not just Lola's.  But for the most part, when I buy a shirt, a dress, or .. whatever, doesn't really matter where I shop, all I see is a tango applier.

Not to sound like a poster girl for Lola's, but I recently bought the Tango Mirage breasts and I absolutely love them.   Sure, they are pricey, but you get what you pay for.   I love how much they can be customized.  You can adjust the rotation, not just the size (which is all the original Lola's Tango breasts do).  I believe you can also make them 'jiggle', but ... that's a bit much for me, I don't take it that far haha.  But if you're into that, you can even adjust the speed of the 'jiggle.'

Long story short hun, if you really want to make it easier on yourself when buying mesh boobs, I would go with the Lola's personally.  Easier to find skin appliers for them (assuming you hate playing around with skin matching yourself), you won't be pigeon-holed into 'trampy' or less than decent quality clothing (even designers that make more conservative clothing provide Tango appliers now), and you'll see why they were worth every linden.

EDIT:  Like I said though, this is just my experience and my personal opinion hehe.  Nothing I've said is law, so try what you like and tell me how it went for you!  :)

I guess it depends on what you really want to do with the nipples?  Haha, but yes.  Um, with the Tango Mirage boobs, you can make the nipples ... 'flat', 'normal', 'swollen', have a barbell, have a piecing or just hide the nipples altogether.  

Can't speak on other mesh boobs since all I wear are Tango/Tango Mirage.

It's the same with Lolas tangos. But the mesh layers for Lolas allow skin creators to make individual nipples. I think Pink Fuel has 9 nipples to choose from, 3 different shades in 3 different sizes. I wear the applier, it shows up as an image with the options, so I fist click to apply the skin, then pick the nipples. But there is not all that offers so much! Several skin creators take 300L for just one skin texture and one nipple texture. It does not matter if you like what you get, of course. Most skin appliers I have seen is so much better then the examples from breast demos. The nipples in them is really... odd.

That would explain the popularity of the Lola's then, haha.

Personally, I'm one of those people that has little use for nipple functionality but ... I guess 

it's nice to know that the function is there if I ever need it?  Lol.

Also, Pink Fuel has been right on the money as far as having a high quality skin with a decent selection of appliers.

If the designer has created an applier for the Phat Azz, I may go back and purchase that since I have a skin from there

that I don't even use.   (Love my TSG skin to death hehe!)

I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that you can use a skin applier from one creator and a nipple from another. But I haven't tested it. They are separate layers, so why not? I know that many people complained about ugly and big nipples when the Tangos started to be popular. I read threads about what skin makers they recommended that had small and "pretty" looking nipples.

The Puffy ones, I own the skin applier from Pink Fuel for them too, but it's only one button there, for skin with nipples. I am almost sure that you don't have a separate nipple layer on the Puffys. It is a very well made one IMHO. (Oh, I saw that the Phat Azz appliers is for sale!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.