Sign in to follow this  
BlackHeaven1983

I'm trying to create some mesh jewelry in 3ds max, its thickness is changing after uploading to SL..

First, I'm using 3Ds Max..  and I know SL has issues with micro objects and there's limitations to how small prims can be, but what about mesh?  There must be a work around...right?    My pendant is about the size of an avatar palm/hand, but it's very thin too....after it's uploaded, it suddenly becomes 5x as thick!  I know I've seen smaller objects, so what am i doing wrong?

btw, I've reset the XForm already.  It's part of my process before exporting an fbx for SL...i even did it again to make sure it wasn't a transform issue on my end.

The minimum size for any SL object is 1 centimeter on each dimension, be it mesh or whatever. To work around that with mesh, you need to add some geometry to your model which will be larger than 1 cm on each dimension, and make it invisible (apply another material to that geometry and set is transparent in-world for example)