(Warning lots of pictures) Default viewer problems in windows 8.1

Shandree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all I have been having problems with the second life viewer for about a week...The menus just seemed to quit working one day. I have tried the regular and beta viewers...right now I tried the newest beta but the basic problems have not changed at all...The viewer will seem fine the first time I log in with events and places listed...but once I log in I get the problems in the pictures. Search help and my profile have no picutres or text like they should...Also when I log out and back in I get a viewer with no events or places listed to log in to. I tried many things..uninstalling and reinstalling a clean version of second life. Updating my graphics driver for geforce...Updating windows 8 to 8.1 and trying again with a clean install...And still have these problems. I want to find the source. The only other thing I could think of is something to do with my security (Norton 360 and no script in firefox) or something to do with programs I recently downloaded which seemed to be right around when this started..Photoshop CS 6 which I downloaded from a disc....which I refuse to uninstall because I think that counts as using it a second time..not sure. I also suspect a game I downloaded out of curiosity but it has been there a long time...but only recently did I get to sign up and log in to it...feral heart.. I gave up and got fire storm in the end and search and my profile works on it..but not the default viewer and the network settings seem to be the same so doubt it's that but I can post from it too if needed. I still really want default viewer back cause it's what I used for half a year and it's nice to have a backup even if I grew to like fire storm. =/Problem1.jpgWhat I see when I search.

Problem2.jpgMy profile...

problem3.jpgHow to menu lol that's useful..=/

Problem4.jpgMy log in screen after the initiial screen that seems to have the right events etc and my network settings in case they are the problem...

Also yes I realize my kittycats are sick. Poor things..decided to just pick them up for now...Honestly if this keeps happening I don't know how active I will be in sl though so don't worry about my pixel pets please lol (people have given me lindens for them before) it's OK no thanks lol just in case..;p

Everything you're seeing is a symptom of various web connections being blocked. With the current LL viewers search, profiles and help are all provided by separate services than the regular connection that lets you see the SL "world," and KittyCats statistics are stored on and sent from separate servers owned and run by the kitty company. Something on your computer is blocking these connections; probably the anti-virus program. The profiles, search and help all use a program called "slplugin.exe"; cat stats may use it as well. Make sure it's not being blocked.

Ok...I tried making norton 360 allow the slplugin.exe and got 3 (and even 4...) o.O after logging in...I can leave it logged in for awhile and let everything load...And profile help and search are still acting the same as in the pictures and the login page still only works once and the second time I use it looks like the bottom picture sigh. It does show the slplugin.exe working in the taskbar til I leave it after logging in then there's just one slplugin.exe... I'm going to quit premium if this keeps occuring cause I don't have time to keep fighting with these problems every day and don't feel like learning how to move etc and build all over again on firestorm. ;p Any other suggestions please before I give up and quit? I may try contacting ll cause I'm premium but not sure which way is the fastest for that. Thanks for the suggestions though...still have some hope I can get to the bottom of this cause it is very strange...

Also I tried almost every official viewer...interesting the nvidia one and the one from November 6th that is official...no difference in this problem...when I stand though only one slplugin ends up staying active is that a problem? Also the official viewer of mine has FACEBOOK now...maybe that's part of the problem since not everyone has it apparently? idk...If you got a sl viewer to work on windows 8.1 please let me know what the date on it says thanks.

Last edit I promise....: I just GAVE UP on these viewers cause I also noticed problems in firestorm...Destinations is blank that's not normal right? I'm seriously considering abandoning my land as well to show I'm serious about cancelling my premium if nothing can be done. =/ Also updated my profile from firestorm. ;p Apparently it has problems with my profile as well in v3 mode. Bleh.

TLDR: Tried almost everything...I think I'll still end up having to contact premium help..What is the fastest method to do this please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.