Land question about prim over subscription

Jamiee Daines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the estates that I just left they had a Homestead SIM that, when adding up the prim counts for all parcels, exceeded the 3750 prim count for a Homestead SIM.  I was told that they could do this by moving prims from one SIM to another within their estates. 

Someone else said that was bunk.

What is the truth here?  I know you can pool prims from multiple parcels within a SIM but can prims be moved from SIM to SIM?

If so doesn't this hurt the performance of the SIM with the extra prims?

With the new LI rules, its possible.  My house is actually about twice the number of prims as its LI.  LI , aka Land Impact, is what counts now.  Not prims.

To my knowledge moving prims to another region is not possible.  I have owned multiple sims and never could.  Of course maybe its something new that very large estate owners can now do, who knows.

Didn't think so, although it is possible. The number of prims a sim willl support is set by LL so they could do it if they wanted to.  It would just be a matter of how they set up the regions. 

Some open sims give you bonus prims on your regions if you own a specified number of regions.  They can even increase them if you start out at the standard number then buy more regions to become eligible for bonus prims.  I've also done it in my private open sim that I run too.

Jamiee Daines wrote:

Well then these sleazy people are selling like 4500 prims on a Homestead SIM

I agree with this.  However, just as in RL, when buying or renting land in SL it's definitely 'buyer beware'.    Anyone that doesn't take the time to educate themself before making such a big commitment is being foolish.  Most estate owners and landlords are good honest people that strive to provide excellent service, but there are always a few bad apples out there.

Jamiee Daines wrote:

Well then these sleazy people are selling like 4500 prims on a Homestead SIM

There are some grandfathered regions with prim bonuses, but they're few and far between (and most of them are mainland regions).

Most likely those people are just misguided and misunderstanding prim count and land impact, but they could indeed be sleazy (just as many rental agencies still advertise to have "only regions on class V servers" when there are no more server classes linked to any specific region).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.