Im stuck at 'Loading world'

Erioxa Sosa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The SL servers are timing out, waiting for a response from your viewer.  That could happen for a number of reasons, bu it boils down to a failure in your communications.  Perhaps a firewall or anti-virus routine is blocking your signal.  Perhaps you are using wireless -- don't do that -- or your router needs rebooting.  Perhaps you have a DNS issue.  There's a good short list of the most common reasons here.  Take a look.

I have the same problem. I looked at the short list, did what recommended and nothing works. I do not get any message when I try to log in. The Viewer or Firestorm goes up to "Loading world..." and then freezes. I can log in with Radegast and change location. I tried to log in from different locations but same story.  (Note that  when I am logged in with Radegast I can buy items in marketplace for myself but I cannot send anything to friends. I get a message saying "so sorry to keep you waiting we will be right back" )

When you log in with Radegast, I assume you are doing it on your phone. The connection is therefore probably between your router and your main computer. The usual suspect is the router itself, but it could be the cable or a cable connector.  Try:

1, Rebooting the router and the modem by unplugging each from the power for a minute, plugging them back in, and restarting your computer.  If that doesn't work,

2. Plug the cable from your computer to the router directly into the modem instead, bypassing the router completely.  If that works, your router is flaky and needs to be replaced.  If not,

3. Replace the cable with a new one.  If that works, the problem was the cable.  Whack the cat for chewing on it.  If that doesn't work,

4. Come back to Answers, start a NEW thread instead of continuing to add messages onto the end of someone else's six-year-old question, and explain what you tried.  Also, start your SL viewer (but do not try to log in) and click Help >>> About Second Life.  Click the button to save all of the information that it displays to your clipboard. Then paste that information into your brand new question so we can see what your system looks like.

1 hour ago, Kentstig said:

I have the same problem. I looked at the short list, did what recommended and nothing works. I do not get any message when I try to log in. The Viewer or Firestorm goes up to "Loading world..." and then freezes. I can log in with Radegast and change location. I tried to log in from different locations but same story.  (Note that  when I am logged in with Radegast I can buy items in marketplace for myself but I cannot send anything to friends. I get a message saying "so sorry to keep you waiting we will be right back" )

Do you have Intel HD 5xx or 6xx graphics?
If so it's probably this Intel driver bug BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10.

The only fix for this at the moment is to roll back to the Intel graphics driver version 24.20.100.6025

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.