(Ladies) shoe fashion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Designer shoes (and, in this case I am talking heels, pumps, stilettos, etc) come in two generally popular ways:

1) Those that come with their own feet.  Skin matching for the vast majority of skins is done via the designer website and a HUD one wears inworld.  Simple click and the skin with the shoe matches one's skin.  Gos and N-Core shoes are this type.  Gos and N-Core also sell bare feet (flat and arched) but these feet do NOT fit in the shoes.  They are intended to be barefoot or with worn with flip-flops.

2)  Those that are intended to be used with Slink feet.  One purchases the Slink feet and then matches them either by using a HUD applier sold by the skin creator one wears OR via a HUD skin matcher.  Many shoe designers are making shoes to go with the Slink feet.  Slink sells shoes that fit their feet as do many other designers. Those other designers will make it obvious in their adverts by showing the Slink logo.

One can also purchase shoes that fit neither way above.

I hope this helps!

TMI!  I want to purchase shoes, not roleplay a t-girl!

*howls

OK, then NVM!  :smileytongue:

Well, either the thread is going to end here or just begin.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I want to thank everyone who participated.  Even Venus :|

I especially want to thank Theresa for her slink feet suggestion.  It is the direction I opted to pursue, and "asking" wasn't as painful as I thought.    Although the curve was steep .... 

Adahre wrote:

Those feet looks huge on you in my opinion, look at the proportions of the feet to the legs.Foot looks almost half of your legs (and your hands are too small)

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw the picture too.   I immediately thought of someone I used to know who was very short and petite, but who had such huge feet.  In this case the angle of the screenshot could be distorting the size of her feet and hands though.

Studio09 wrote:

Adahre wrote:

Those feet looks huge on you in my opinion, look at the proportions of the feet to the legs.Foot looks almost half of your legs (and your hands are too small)

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw the picture too.   I immediately thought of someone I used to know who was very short and petite, but who had such huge feet.  In this case the angle of the screenshot could be distorting the size of her feet and hands though.

These are the same hands and Slink Feet... the only thing that has changed is the perspective.

Tuesday.png

Adahre wrote:

I judge more on the proportion of post counts to idiocy.  It seems your words are as small as your brain.  I'm willing to bet your avatar looks like a blueberry--just like RL, eh?

Keli Kyrie wrote:

These are the same hands and Slink Feet... the only thing that has changed is the perspective.

Tuesday.png

I suspected that was the issue.  I've gotten pictures of my avi when she was in one of the animations with her hands extended where they look like flesh-colored baseball catcher's mitts.  The perspective used by the SL camera is more like a wide-angled lens.  In RL portraits I prefer using a slight telephoto - 105 or 115, not that I ever did much of that.  I preferred scenic landscapes.

Studio09 wrote:

In RL portraits I prefer using a slight telephoto - 105 or 115

You can set the SL camera focal length to reduce perspective distortion. Firestorm makes the settings easily accessible in its "Cameratools" control panel, which pops up when you click the "Phototools camera" button. The copy editor was asleep when those names came through.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Studio09 wrote:

In RL portraits I prefer using a slight telephoto - 105 or 115

You can set the SL camera focal length to reduce perspective distortion. Firestorm makes the settings easily accessible in its "Cameratools" control panel, which pops up when you click the "Phototools camera" button. The copy editor was asleep when those names came through.

Thanks for the tip.  I will try it out next time I take some screenshots.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Adahre wrote:

I judge more on the proportion of post counts to idiocy.  It seems your words are as small as your brain.  I'm willing to bet your avatar looks like a blueberry--just like RL, eh?

Storm..do you need a tranquilizer dart? Calm down, i just shared my opinion about those shoes in the picture...I do not like those feet and shoes because in petite avatars looks huge (is not about perspective). I have not been rude and you should have learned already with more than 6000 posts to do not treat people in that way just because they do not share the same opinion than yours. You proved yourself that proportion of posts actually do not counts to idiocy. That answer makes you look like a hysterical.

*Is it supposed that I should feel offended for the comment about my avatar? Keep trying

Adahre wrote:

Storm can (if he chooses) respond to your post to him.  I will take exception to the tone of your first post in this thread.  You say that you commented only on the feet size on petite avatars but closer read shows you also commented on the hand size.

I know that some non-mesh shoes, once resized to 'fit' the leg' *do* look larger than normal even on avatars who are not as petite as is Keli.  My experience, however, with mesh feet/shoe combos is that the size is much more normalized.  That is, it looks proportional.

I believe in this case, it was perspective of the camera shot and not the mesh feet/shoe size that deceived you.  Apparently the second photo Keli posted did not convince you that you were seeing things.

I believe that Keli selected the correct mesh foot size for her avatar and then the slink-compatable shoe 'fits'. 

Adahre wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Adahre wrote:

Storm..do you need a tranquilizer dart
? Calm down,
i just shared my opinion
about those shoes in the picture...I do not like those feet and shoes because in petite avatars looks huge (is not about perspective). I have not been rude and you should have learned already with more than 6000 posts.

*Is it supposed that I should feel offended for the comment about my avatar? Keep trying

I would much more prefer a Manhattan. 

So of all the threads on SLF you pick this thread to make your 1st post, and you came out swinging.    Maybe you didn't really read what I wrote above; it was "welcome to SLF," Adahre.

6K posts allows me to recognize garbage when I read it.   

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.