Sign in to follow this  

(Ladies) shoe fashion

I want to purchase, as a gift, a pair of shoes (one shoe is not enough) for a lady friend.  Her avatar is petite with a long, curly blonde tress.  She can wear almost any color and still look great.

Well, my eyes are blurry from shopping on MP.  Apparel/womens/womens_footwear/heels returns:

31102 matching items found

Oh my!

I mean, I enjoy shopping as much as the next guy, but 31102 pairs to look at....

I made it to page 1534 before I genuinely felt it was time to either put a cap in head or have a cocktail.  I opted for the latter.
 Obviously.

Here is my question to anyone who may offer some suggestions in response.

What style(s) are all the rage in shoe fashion today? The "I gotta have those" shoes?  The "WOW" shoes?

Post a photo if you chose or a pointer to a blog, or just describe what I should be focusing on, iyo. 

I am looking for stylish heels; elegant but sassy too.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Can you wait?  Shoetopia is opening on the 15th
:)

/facepalms  Of course it is :|

What exactly does that mean?  Do you really expect me to go to a shoe convention and look at 31000 more? 

I would opt for the 'cap' this time...

Storm Clarence wrote:

I want to purchase, as a gift, a pair of shoes (one shoe is not enough) for a lady friend.  Her avatar is petite with a long, curly blonde tress.  She can wear almost any color and still look great.

Well, my eyes are blurry from shopping on MP.  Apparel/womens/womens_footwear/heels returns:

Oh my!

I mean, I enjoy shopping as much as the next guy, but 31102 pairs to look at....

I made it to page 1534 before I genuinely felt it was time to either put a cap in head or have a cocktail.  I opted for the latter.

Obviously.

Here is my question to anyone who may offer some suggestions in response.

What style(s) are all the rage in shoe fashion today? The "I gotta have those" shoes?  The "WOW" shoes?

Post a photo if you chose or a pointer to a blog, or just describe what I should be focusing on, iyo. 

I am looking for stylish heels; elegant but sassy too.

Right now a big trend in heels is shoes made specifically for Slink mesh feet - Slink makes a tiptoe-ish foot that's designed to take shoes. A number of stores make shoes for them - they're becoming a de facto standard. You might inquire if your lady friend has those feet and if she doesn't the feet themselves might be an interesting gift choice.

Would a gift card be to impersonal in this situation?

I too like doing gifts and sometimes it is frustrating, especially because there is no way for me to sneak a peak at what the recipient already has in their closet.

Waiting for Shoetropia is a great suggestion.  Perhaps you could go 'window shopping' with her.  Many women I know love it when a man will go shopping with them.  It seems we men have a reputation for hating shopping and the women know it.  Yet many of them do value our opinion when they shop. 

To some and possibly many women, telling them, "You'll be happy with anything they choose," translates into, "You really don't care about them enough." 

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Right now a big trend in heels is shoes made specifically for Slink mesh feet - Slink makes a tiptoe-ish foot that's designed to take shoes. A number of stores make shoes for them - they're becoming a de facto standard.
You might inquire if your lady friend has those feet
and if she doesn't the feet themselves might be an interesting gift choice.

Isn't that rude to ask a woman what type of feet she has?   Almost like asking her age or cup size.

/shudders

Storm Clarence wrote:

Oh my!

Nerves in the feet connect to the same place in the brain that controls/runs 'sexual release'...

If the person to whom one is buying a gift wears a brand of mesh/prim feet - shoes designed to fit that brand would likely be the best gift. That way she gets to show off two things - those nice new shoes, and the feet-kit.

I know that personally since getting Slink feet, I've rarely worn any shoes that weren't made to fit them. :P

Isn't amazing how many creations there are in SL? I agree it can be totally overwhelming. One think I like to do is to first type in my search, say for Black Heels Mesh. Second I search the list with the drop down by picking Newest First. When you do this you see SL's newest creations, some of which might only be minutes old. They won't have reviews or ratings but there is an excitement knowing you are first to see these creations. Then I just go through the pages till I find something wonderfully new! I hope this helps, btw how are you going to know what size to get did you find the other Clear Mesh Slipper?

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Isn't amazing how many creations there are in SL? I agree it can be totally overwhelming. One thing I like to do is to first type in my search, say for
Black Heels Mesh
. Second I search the list with the drop down by picking
Newest First.
When you do this you see SL's newest creations, some of which might only be minutes old.
They won't have reviews or ratings
but there is an excitement knowing you are first to see these creations. Then I just go through the pages till I find
something wonderfully new!
I hope this helps, btw how are you going to know what size to get did you find the other Clear Mesh Slipper?

Ok, we're on to something here:

Wonderfully new and in Black.

Mesh. 

No rating.

Thanks for the help Keli Kyrie. 

PS What size would you suggest a petite avatar wears, an 11?  12 perhaps?

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Nerves in the feet connect to the same place in the brain that controls/runs 'sexual release'...

Are you suggesting I should gift myself a pair or two, as well?

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ok, we're on to something here:

Wonderfully new and in Black.

Mesh. 

No rating.

Thanks for the help Keli Kyrie. 

PS What size would you suggest a petite avatar wears, an 11?  12 perhaps?

ZOMG Only if she is a Hobbit!!!

hobbit.png

Keli Kyrie wrote:

hobbit.png

Just when I thought I found 'that' girl with feet for which I lust :)

... those blisters look so big; one is near ready to burst. :(

I can see there's little with your feet from which you do not ail :(

The likes of which would make most men turn a lighter shade of pale :|

So as I near to embrace you in a loving lustful hug :)

I implore you to tuck your toes under a mesh made rug :|

I don't have any words... I don't know what to say :(

But I won't let in-grown toenails get in romance's way :)

Size 7?

Yeah, GOS is always a good choice. They are foxing expensive so your ladyfriend knows how much you care for her. Also they are extremely well made and stylish. If you really really love her get her a pair of GOS's wellingtons. :smileyhappy:

I think I have purchased several GOS shoes in the past  (perhaps even for her.)

Anyway, I know the shoe designers, I am asking what style is hot.

What style is new? 

Which shoes are the "I'd die to have" style?

The best shoes I've seen were recommended  above by Theresa (slink mesh,)  really good design and style, but I didn't know how to get the components. 

I need to think this through a little more. 

Storm, shoes are sort of a personal thing. As a shoe addict, at least they are for me. I think it's pretty hard to pick shoes for other people, perhaps not as hard to do as say pick a skin for someone else but still a task. Ask your friend who their favorite shoe designer is, and give your friend a generous gift card to that shop. It doesn't really matter what's new and hot if your friend isn't into whatever style is 'new and hot.' 

And giving a gift of shoes is quite a nice thing to do, you're a good friend!

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

Storm, shoes are sort of a personal thing. As a shoe addict, at least they are for me. I think it's pretty hard to pick shoes for other people, perhaps not as hard to do as say pick a skin for someone else but still a task. Ask your friend who their favorite shoe designer is, and give your friend a generous gift card to that shop. It doesn't really matter what's new and hot if your friend isn't into whatever style is 'new and hot.' 

And giving a gift of shoes is quite a nice thing to do, you're a good friend!

No gift card .. that's too easy.  Looking at 31000 pair is the tough part.  Sure I see 'styles' I like, and styles I would never purchase.  I have gifted shoes on several occasions, I am not so ignorant.  However, I am not 'up' on the latest styles ... at one time on the forum many female avatars posted shoe and hair designers, I was listening.  Today they post about Lola's, and I am still listening :|   I find gifting breasts to be ridiculous, even with a gift card.   But I digress.

Designer shoes (and, in this case I am talking heels, pumps, stilettos, etc) come in two generally popular ways:

1) Those that come with their own feet.  Skin matching for the vast majority of skins is done via the designer website and a HUD one wears inworld.  Simple click and the skin with the shoe matches one's skin.  Gos and N-Core shoes are this type.  Gos and N-Core also sell bare feet (flat and arched) but these feet do NOT fit in the shoes.  They are intended to be barefoot or with worn with flip-flops.

2)  Those that are intended to be used with Slink feet.  One purchases the Slink feet and then matches them either by using a HUD applier sold by the skin creator one wears OR via a HUD skin matcher.  Many shoe designers are making shoes to go with the Slink feet.  Slink sells shoes that fit their feet as do many other designers. Those other designers will make it obvious in their adverts by showing the Slink logo.

One can also purchase shoes that fit neither way above.

I hope this helps!

Orca Flotta wrote:

Yeah, GOS is always a good choice. They are foxing expensive so your ladyfriend knows how much you care for her. Also they are extremely well made and stylish. If you really really love her get her a pair of GOS's
. :smileyhappy:

I am sure she would love Wellingtons I know I love mine. :)

Spring Sunrise.png

Storm Clarence wrote:
Just when I thought I found 'that' girl with feet for which I lust

... those blisters look so big; one is near ready to burst.
:(

I can see there's little with your feet from which you do not ail

The likes of which would make most men turn a lighter shade of pale
:|

So as I near to embrace you in a loving lustful hug

I implore you to tuck your toes under a mesh made rug
:|

I don't have any words... I don't know what to say

But I won't let in-grown toenails get in romance's way

(snip) 7?

I did not know you were such a footman Storm. Knowing this makes me curious what styles to you think look hot?

7? Isn't seven kind of late for cocktails, if we go earlier we could make happy hour!

Did I say black before.... silly me I can never make up my mind! :P

AngleWhiteShoes.png

Venus Petrov wrote:

Designer shoes (and, in this case I am talking heels, pumps, stilettos, etc) come in two generally popular ways:

1) Those that come with their own feet.  Skin matching for the vast majority of skins is done via the designer website and a HUD one wears inworld.  Simple click and the skin with the shoe matches one's skin.  Gos and N-Core shoes are this type.  Gos and N-Core also sell bare feet (flat and arched) but these feet do NOT fit in the shoes.  They are intended to be barefoot or with worn with flip-flops.

2)  Those that are intended to be used with Slink feet.  One purchases the Slink feet and then matches them either by using a HUD applier sold by the skin creator one wears OR via a HUD skin matcher.  Many shoe designers are making shoes to go with the Slink feet.  Slink sells shoes that fit their feet as do many other designers. Those other designers will make it obvious in their adverts by showing the Slink logo.

One can also purchase shoes that fit neither way above.

I hope this helps!

TMI!  I want to purchase shoes, not roleplay a t-girl!