What graphic setting will i get the best FPS now :p

ELxCODYx17

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I bought a new graphics card and i'm just courious what my fps would be. I use to have a Geforce gt 610 and it played SL like crap. So here is my future specs when ever it comes in the mail. And I play on firestorm.

Amd Fx 4130 quad core prossesor 3.8 Ghz

EVGA Geforce GT 640 2GB DDR3

8 GB Ram

You should find that Firestorm (or whatever viewer you are using) adjusts your graphics settings to the recommended ones for your card automatically.   You can then play round with the individual settings as you please.

However, before you start doing that, I think you should consider applying some tweaks to the graphics card settings themselves.    The default Nvidia settings aren't necessarily the best ones for SL.    I found, for example, that my fps in Firestorm  literally doubled in most SL environments after I applied the settings recommended here in the Nvidia control panel.    You can apply settings there to particular applications, so you don't need to worry about the changes affecting anything but Firestorm.

You might also want to take a look at the various settings discussed in this thread at SLU.  

I have basically the same video card. You'll end up exactly in the middle of the performance scale and probably running about 40-50 fps with those default settings. You can turn "advanced lighting" on which will let you see materials - I find the rates about the same with it on or off. You'll default to a draw distance of 128 and no shadows - I increase my draw distance to 256 because I use vehicles often and get framerates in the 20's; you can also get framerates in the 20's with a draw distance of 128 and shadows turned on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.