Sign in to follow this  
Sofiya Algoma

Problem with Lod factor/ objects

Hi, after updating my viewer 3 yesterday i got a big problem with seeing mesh details from distance, they are not formed at all, however i change in preferences/graphic/mesh details on high, its not really high, but its like its on 2.

Any suggestions of how to see it right again? I had not this problem before update.

The LOD factor doesn't apply to mesh but to sculpties. To fully render sculpties, your LOD factor should be set to 4: 

Show the “Advanced” menu with Ctrl-Alt-D, or Opt-Ctrl-D on a Mac.

Select “debug settings” near the bottom in advance menu.

In the blank space, copy and paste the word:  RenderVolumeLODFactor

Set it as high as 4 to get all your sculpts looking great.

Regarding the rendering of mesh objects, it's another debug setting :

MeshMaxConcurrentRequests

The default setting is 32. Try to increase this number until you see your objects correctly. 

valerie Inshan wrote:

The LOD factor doesn't apply to mesh but to sculpties. To fully render sculpties, your LOD factor should be set to 4: 

Show the “Advanced” menu with Ctrl-Alt-D, or Opt-Ctrl-D on a Mac.

Select “debug settings” near the bottom in advance menu.

In the blank space, copy and paste the word:  RenderVolumeLODFactor

Set it as high as 4 to get all your sculpts looking great.

Regarding the rendering of mesh objects, it's another debug setting :

MeshMaxConcurrentRequests

The default setting is 32. Try to increase this number until you see your objects correctly. 

Actually, you may want to lower it.  See the explanation here. 

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-8842?focusedCommentId=111945&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-111945

This also came up at one of the TPV meetings with Oz.  If the Server recieves too many requests it simply stops responding / denies the request so you create a situation where no information is being sent.  There was talk by the Linden Devs about hardcoding a maximum into the Viewer.  If I have time later I'll try to dig up that discussion.

Correction: RenderVolumeLODFactor does apply to mesh too. Easy to prove: Set it low, zoom away from a mesh object until it switches, then set it high - you'll notice how the detail switches back to high.

As far as I know the timeout setting referred to in the Firestorm JIRA does not exist in the LL viewer. Lowering the concurrent requests is still a good idea if you run into the occasional mesh not loading right.