Would SOMEONE / ANYONE please please help! Continuous "log in failed"

Yawrood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have registered / I have user name / I have password - Yet every time I try to log in - I keep getting "Create Account".  If I click "Continue" (since I already have account) keeps telling me Login Failed.  Is there anywhere to get actual help?

How do I get to "Account" to see this question?

Thank you

I must apologize - it appears I'm an idiot - I misspelled my own user name - that's why it wouldn't open.  I'm sorry

11 answers to this question

Yawrood,

Yes there is someplace to get actual help - Welcome to SL Answers a Resident to Resident service.

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to login to Second Life using your account name & password.

Once you press the [ Continue ] button you should get the login screen where you type in your account username [ Yawrood ] and password [ the same password you typed to access this forum ] then press the [ Log In ] button.

Could you please supply the exact error message you received so we may help you further?

Please update your question with the requested information as follows:
Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

Additional Reading for you:

Second Life Quickstart

Login failure

Second Life User's Guide

• Like 1

Names are curious things. I suppose a few of them are created without thought, but I think most people put a little effort into them. I want to acknowledge that effort when I understand it. I've got some idea why Rolig picked "Loon", but no idea why she picked "Rolig". KarenMichelle Lane is a complete mystery to me. ;-)

I have been "Rolig" in my mind for many years, so that was an easy call. In Swedish, "Rolig" means "humorous" or "funny", as in a funny story. In Danish or Norwegian, it means "calm". Either is an aspirational statement for me. "Loon" was an afterthought, selected only because it was short, easy to spell, fit my sense of whimsy, and was among those available the week I entered SL.

I'm easy, KarenMichelle Lane is my writing pseudonym in real Life. I'm still very unpublished :( - I 1st started using it over 20 years ago. My 1st 2D Virtual World was "Worlds Away". Some 13 years ago.

The name was created when my BFF Karen and I were thinking of what pseudonym I should use for my budding writing career. I'm lazy I'll admit. My RL name is Michelle so KarenMichelle was born after a few glasses of wine and it stuck!.

My decision to use "Lane" will have to remain shrouded in mystery for a while longer I'm afraid. I was glad to see it offered as a last name in SL and I waited hours for it to be offered to me when I first registered.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Well, I was thinking of Lane as in Lois. As she was a reporter and you are a writer, that's good enough for me.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

That's her story and I'm sticking to it! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.