import Second Life animations in blender

jagjit777

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello i want to know if there is any way to import secondlife animation in blender, because i am rigging clothes in blender if i can play animations in blender itself to test the rig, i can refine my rig better and easily fix my errors.i would appreciate any kind of help.thanks

Blender has a BVH importer. That can be used to get your animation into the 3D View. The bvh data will be imported into a generated skeleton and the import should work out of the box:

File -> Import -> BVH

I am not so familiar with how to export the bvh in a second life compatible form when you use pure blender. I believe in that case you have to add a T-Pose frame at the beginning of your animation and there is a rumour that you have to rename a bone (the pelvis bone?) after exporting the bvh from blender and before importing it back to SL.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

The animation has to exist on your hard drive.  You can not derive or download a bvh file from inworld animations...

As a sidenote: Here is the list of the Second Life standard animations and a downloadlink to a set of corresponding BVH files:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations

These files import nicely to Blender.

• Like 2

• 9 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.