alowed or not in a sim

Urzul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As many people have said, the sim owner makes the rules.  They pay for their land and can do with it pretty much as they please.  Not everyone is welcome everywhere.  

That being said I have a fondness for non human avatars, some of them quite strange indeed.  Heck, I even went through a phase where my favorite avatar was a cured ham of all things and still was able to go almost everywhere and have a heck of a good time.  

If you get booted from a sim, go to another one.  You will find plenty of great places to go and great people to hang with no matter if you are a Beast, a furry, a robot, or a giant fuzzy slipper.

No matter how normal or strange you make your avatar, you will run into a place in which you are unwelcome or rub an estate owner the wrong way.  It's just how the world works.  Not everyone is going to like you.

A quick review of your posts in this thread does point to another potential cause for your troubles.  In my experience the vast majority of bans take place due to behavior and attitude instead of appearance.  Yes, there are some themed sims that want to preserve a certain look or feel and will have a dress code of sorts but most places are pretty freewheeling... unless you are disruptive or otherwise cause problems and then you will be bounced from no end of places and it will have nothing to do with the avatar.

Even now, SL is a big place and there are a lot of places to go.  You can have fun or you can get your tail in a knot over being persecuted.  Whatever strokes your fur, man.

I can't really imagine that you run that much into trouble just because you are not human. I'm kind of a shapeshifter, so I have a lot experiance with sim rules regarding avatar apperance. I've been to places with strict rules, but they always handed out notecards at the entrance with rules to read. I jump to the section about apperance and if I don't fit, I'll leave. I never got any rude comments.

Some places have pretty unclear rules. If I'm not sure, what kind of avatars are ok I'll search for a staffmember and IM them to ask for clarification and have them take a look on my avatar. Again, I got polite answers. People always like to hear someone read their rules.

And then there are tons of places which are free for everyone. I have been to popular danceclubs as a furry and to ballrooms as an elf. Only huge avatars could get into trouble because they disturb others.

Its definitly not true that every place is against your avatar and I kind of have the feeling that there is either more behind that story or that you are overreacting on this.

Syo Emerald wrote:

And then there are tons of places which are free for everyone. I have been to popular danceclubs as a furry and to ballrooms as an elf. Only huge avatars could get into trouble because they disturb others.

Oh can you toss up the names of some ballrooms that didn't require human only. Granted I last looked in 2010 or so... but back then I was unable to find anything that would even allow a neko. Might be handy to actually have a spot or two where I can wear those outfits I've got and be in theme with them. :)

And yeah - places generally have a landing spot and even if there's a staff member on hand, they'll happily sit there and chat you up while you're on the wrong look as long as you stay in that area. While I'm sure there are places that would start getting nasty pretty fast, I've not found them. And I've been severely off theme before in a few landing spots.

Most such places are run by folks who know many people have many different themes, and so just get used to even regulars sometimes popping in 'out of costume' - before changing and 'porting down.'

Urzul wrote:

I look like a beast,

i been told many thing and been ejected many time from sim.WAY YOU LOOK LIKE.

when i go exploring ,i wont chang my avatar for every place i go,

read 4 page of law.

why not make thing simple ,in the sim description,

Urzul, the sim description field only allows so many words.  People mostly use that description field to describe what the sim offers, as it's a way for the search engine to work.   Listing who's not welcome, would work in reverse, as those people would find the sim through search. 

In the sim for my inworld group, and we have a easily seen sign in the landing zone near the main buildings entrance that has "Rules", etc.  People can click the sign to get a notecard.  We don't do an eject/ban on people that arrive, as how can they know the rules if they've never visited before?  (Our rules state that people be either in human form or a humanoid form. Exceptions made during Halloween and other holidays for temporary costumes)   

Once a person starts exploring the sim, if they remain as a non-humanoid, I send an IM explaining, and drop the "rules" on their profile. People usually responded with politeness, and say, "thanks".   Some do leave, and others change avatars.  Some might leave, then return later with a different avatar. The only way that scenario would result in an eject/ban would be if the person disregards, after acknowledging the rules information.  Or, if they start some sort of harassing behavior.

If LL provided a different type of sim or land description that didn't use the same field as the general sim/land description, then there might be a way to have those rules visible to people prior to visiting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.