Reselling gift cards on marketplace

Gordon Wendt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure this has probably been asked somewhere before but does anyone know if gift card reselling is allowed on Marketplace? I understand of course that they'd probably have to go into the "Used Items" category and there would be the general caveats around them truly having the value on the card (although many cards are use all at once or change the object name to reflect the balance). That being said, I can't think of anything that would prevent it.

They can be sold on MP. Though, like you said, with the caveats, of course.

I've both bought and sold them this way.

These days, I just hand them to random people who I think might be able to use them with the message that if they can't...feel free to pass it on to someone else.

It's much easier, lol.

That, and I like handing random gift cards to newbs, even if there's a good possibility they aren't actually newbs at all. I'm an odd bird though :P

To my knowledge there is nothing to prohibit it if sold as a used item so that it is clear it is not being sold by the store owner.  Also be sure to check the card is good before putting it up for sale.

Not sure how much success you'll have.  If I wanted a gift card I'd  buy it directly from the merchant.  There is no way to for the consumer to verify if what they are being sold is a genuine card.  Note I am not implying anything about you personally, but it would concern me if I saw one for sale on MP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.