Do you get a message when someone declines your friendship offer?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

My memory is missing the exact wording, but...

The user receives the offer in IM, if it is declined the sender sees the following System message:

<DISPLAY NAME> has declined your Friend Request.

Note however that it's possible (and easy) to ignore a Friend Request, in which case no notification is sent. (I like specifically declining when people are pushy :P)

• Like 1

Yep! Sorry, just added that to my post. You can just leave the notification alone and it sits there, until you log out (whereby it disappears forever) without ever notifying.

I believe that closing the instant message session containing the request does NOT decline the request (it probably ignores it) but I haven't specifically tested this.

The best way to make sure someone definitely sees your name is to pay them L$1 while they're online. (Up to L$100 if you want an accompanying sound - expensive!)
I'm a little uncertain what you're trying to do, but remember that it's possible that your non-responsive friends are just planning a surprise party. ;)

Oh, I doubt very much the surprise will be good. I unfriended someone in a moment of despair (kind of hectic beginning love story) and regretted it a few hours later... so I sent a new friendship offer, along with an apology IM. I assume the "ignore" option is probably the correct one and I'll just have to cope with that...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.