Error Message

Eduardo2013Chaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past two days when i sign on the market place i get this error message:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to rtb-ads.avazu.net, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Can you tell me what this is about?  I'm hoping  this is not the case. Thanks

2 answers to this question

Firefox rocks! It is telling you that the insecure [HTTP] link in the [stupid] ads Linden Lab allows to be wrapped around the Marketplace web pages is [potentially exposing your session information] of your secure connection [HTTPS] to the SL Marketplace. The potential to lose sensitive information is possible if you accidentally touch or interact with one of the ad links. How? They can look at your local session cookies from the secure side of the page.

No professional web developer allows [HTTP] ads on a web page with a Secure Session Link [HTTPS] because they are usually trying to protect your personal and account information.

This is why I take Privacy steps like using Ad-Blocker in Firefox and the IE 10 & IE 11 Page Privacy options to prevent all these from being displayed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.