nuisance forum posts

wiked Anton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HarleiQuinn wrote:

LOL. Sorry I was maybe a bit wrong with my choice of word. Anyone that has to use "I" 13 times in two short paragraphs is

grandiose

I find the notion that it's grandiose for someone to appropriately use the pronoun I, rather bizarre.  But, not quite as bizarre as someone counting how many times a person did that, in order to prove a point which makes no sense in the first place.

...Dres

wiked Anton wrote:

thank you Ceka for letting me know LL doesnt care much about toe forums without insulting me, some could learn a thing or two from you.

Well they get so spammed up more often now it seems..

It reminds me of yahoo bots..

atleast there was an auto ignore there..where coming to the forums there is at the very least one section smothered in spam bot leavings..

it just looks cheap and more or less leaves the impression that SL has gone way down hill..

imagine the impression someone new to second life gets when they reach the forums for the first time..

cheap adds on the side and sections filled with spam bot adds flooded 3 or 4 pages deep..

but hey..the new member account numbers are still  as stable as ever..

it's that retenton sucks more than ever..

because they are bot accounts..

or the first impression of where someone lands for the first time in world is just suck..

when i see the forums flooded with spam i just hit a different world and spend my time there..

then will check back maybe later in the day if i feel like it..

where before i spent a lot of that time in here and with my viewer going for inworld..

that happens else where now.. because this place is so much less connected than it used to be..

they just have the I.V. hooked up until it's time to pull the plug..

that's the feeling it leaves me with nowadays..

Interesting article.

I-messages are also encouraged in Parent Effectiveness Training, which can be used for all kinds of conflicts not just between parent and child.  It is a way to take ownership of a problem so the person whose behavior you are trying to modify doesn't get defensive.

wiked Anton wrote:

Gee, maybe I am naive to think they gave a **bleep**, but suddenly, I am questioning why I ever gave a **bleep** when there are arseholes like you as advisors. Ignorant I am not, but i think you are. so wise in the world of SL, is that all you do all day? thanks for nothing at all

BTW wiked: Dres has that cherished "A" bowling pin not because someone at LL recognized her stellar people skills and deft handling of sensitive issues. Nahh .. she got that because she got "Kudo'd" enough to earn an advance in rank.

I cannot say with any authority as to whether or not she deserved the Kudos as I have no idea what they were awarded for or by whom they were awarded. But the simple fact is that getting Kudos is how you get higher and higher ranking on the Lithium Forums. (That's these current forums .. based on software called Lithium.)

Kudos are awarded in some specific Forum Boards but not all. Here is what a "Kudo" award button looks like:

sample-kudo.jpg

ETA: Fixing major faux pas regarding gender .. Oopsie!

I believe that the comprehension and acceptance by others of most posts would be considerably improved by the expression of each explicit or implicit opinion being prefaced by the phrase "I believe".

I believe that Dres is clearly stating HIS opinion, not demanding that you should concur with it, nor expecting you to perceive that it is factual, nor that it is even the majority view of a bunch of cognitively disadvantaged attention whores.

I believe congratulations are in order Dres!

© The Judge

Darrius Gothly wrote:

wiked Anton wrote:

Gee, maybe I am naive to think they gave a **bleep**, but suddenly, I am questioning why I ever gave a **bleep** when there are arseholes like you as advisors. Ignorant I am not, but i think you are. so wise in the world of SL, is that all you do all day? thanks for nothing at all

BTW wiked: Dres has that cherished "A" bowling pin
not
because someone at LL recognized her stellar people skills and deft handling of sensitive issues. Nahh .. she got that because she got "Kudo'd" enough to earn an advance in rank.

I cannot say with any authority as to whether or not she deserved the Kudos as I have
no
idea what they were awarded for or by whom they were awarded. But the simple fact is that getting Kudos is how you get higher and higher ranking on the Lithium Forums. (That's these current forums .. based on software called Lithium.)

Kudos are awarded in some specific Forum Boards but not all. Here is what a "Kudo" award button looks like:

sample-kudo.jpg

Pehaps you haven't read the whole thread, so allow me to direct your attention to this post... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/nuisance-forum-posts/m-p/2310573#M136509

...Dres (You had the gender correct the first time around.)

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

wiked Anton wrote:

not
because someone at LL recognized her stellar people skills and deft handling of sensitive issues. Nahh .. she got that because she got "Kudo'd" enough to earn an advance in rank.

I cannot say with any authority as to whether or not she deserved the Kudos as I have
no
idea what they were awarded for or by whom they were awarded. But the simple fact is that getting Kudos is how you get higher and higher ranking on the Lithium Forums. (That's these current forums .. based on software called Lithium.)

sample-kudo.jpg

Pehaps you haven't read the whole thread, so allow me to direct your attention to this post...

*SIGH* Well, shoot me out a cannon and call me a son of a gun! I tried to get things right .. and of course got them totally wrong. However my response to wiked was not so much to pull you into the conversation (nor owing to a lack of cognizance regarding your response to the same affect) as it was to give wiked a bit of background with pictures (with circles, and arrows and a paragraph on the back .. etc. etc.) I find that sometimes throwing gratuitous pictures into the conversation has a number of benefits. (Not the least of which is drawing things so horribly off-topic that people have to sit down and think hard to remember what they were arguing about in the first place. *grinz*)

And I do apologize again about the double-back-flip on the gender. Now .. are you SURE you're male? I mean .. this IS Second Life, so have you checked lately just to be sure which way your avatar rezzed today? (ducks and runs for cover)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

. However my response to wiked was not so much to pull you into the conversation (nor owing to a lack of cognizance regarding your response to the same affect)
as it was to give wiked a bit of background with pictures (with circles, and arrows and a paragraph on the back .. etc. etc.)

Arlo Guthrie you are NOT. 

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

wiked Anton wrote:

not

no

sample-kudo.jpg

Pehaps you haven't read the whole thread, so allow me to direct your attention to this post...

*SIGH* Well, shoot me out a cannon and call me a son of a gun! I tried to get things right .. and of course got them totally wrong. However my response to wiked was not so much to pull you into the conversation (nor owing to a lack of cognizance regarding your response to the same affect) as it was to give wiked a bit of background with pictures (with circles, and arrows and a paragraph on the back .. etc. etc.) I find that sometimes throwing gratuitous pictures into the conversation has a number of benefits. (Not the least of which is drawing things so horribly off-topic that people have to sit down and think hard to remember what they were arguing about in the first place. *grinz*)

And I do apologize again about the double-back-flip on the gender. Now .. are you SURE you're male? I mean .. this IS Second Life, so have you checked lately just to be sure which way your avatar rezzed today? (ducks and runs for cover)

Lol... no big deal, Darrius.  I was simply redirecting you to the post where I stated why I received the kudos, because you said you didn't know.  I shall refrain from going back into why I think I should not be cursed with this rank nor shall I further admonish LL or Lithium for their shortcomings.  Most people here don't care and even if they did, LL stopped listening to their concerns about this forum a long time ago.

...Dres

P.S. Btw, we do have the ability to see who has awarded someone kudos and to whom they've awarded kudos as well.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Oh Goodie, My new fave entertainment post...

Into It with a Drink & Popcorn.jpg

Oh Keep up the good diatribes. I'm glad I get the email posts just before the forum posts are deleted - And to think I thought today was going to be boring.

Replying to your own post and having a rank which is even higher than mine, must mean that you're even more egotistical than I, no? :matte-motes-silly:

...Dres

Storm Clarence wrote:

And congratulations on your new red pin, KML.

PS I knew it was coming ...   Cheers.

What the..????? OMG I'm going to die.  The red-shirt [and red-skirts] always gets it! Waaaaaaaaaa

I don't want to become a Dodecahedron

P.S. Thank you Storm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.