Need help to apply ::Static:: BGF Neko to Blue Galaxian Feline

KarinLoving

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this a mod kit to change the color of the avatar?

Make a copy of your Blue Galaxian folder. Always do stuff like this with a copy and not the original. Even if you can't stand the original, its handy to keep an unmodified copy around in case something goes really wrong down the road.

(I keep a number of folders in my inventory called 'backup' where I put old versions of things that I don't like, but want around in case a year later I find a problem with my modification).

You will want to go somewhere where you can be left alone (your own SL home if you have one, or a friend's), as this will take a while and is complex and chances are you'll have to do a few parts over if you've never modded a furry avatar before.

(its not so bad once you manage it once, and can be a lot of fun once used to it)

You're basically going to have to rez each part onto the ground, open the build editor and choose the select-face option, then click a section of the body part you rezzed, and drag one of the new textures onto it. If you get the right texture, the results will make sense for that section, and you then need to keep clicking different sections until you have it all.

I don't remember how Blue Galaxian handles things like blinking and smiling - but on many furries each expression is actually a different bosy part and all but one of them are invisible, so you have to change the expression and put the texture on again, for every single one of them.

But blue galaxian is mesh, and it might be truly animated. I modded one once, and I recall it being easy. But it was a LONG time ago and I might be remembering wrong.

You will know as soon as you wear it, and do something like change a smile to a frown - if your head suddenly goes nuts with its color... then you had the old hidden parts system, and need to apply the texture to each expression one by one. If not, if under the new expression you look fine, then you're good to go.

You might consider... instead of doing this alone hidden away somewhere, try it first at a semi-popular furry sandbox. and when there ask if anyone knows. Chances are somebody will. And being right in front of you and seeing exactly what you're trying to do, they'll be able to correct anything I wrote above that was wrong.

Nox Vought wrote:

You need Utilizators Av 2.0 and m3 head for it too don't you? Or do you already have it?

Should be a notecard somewhere on how to apply.

No. You missread what she wants. You don't have to use this product with the things you named, they are just needed if you want to recreate the avatar shown in the picture on the MP. But its also able to be used with the Blue Galaxy Feline, which is what the TE tries to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.