having sl available to mobile smartphones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I desperately want Linden to create their own app for smartphones. And it would be great to make it somewhat universal, in a sense. So that iPhone, Android, Windows, and Blackberry users can all have access to SL on the go. Even just chat and editing Avatar would be great.

As well as Lumiya, there are several viewers for mobile devices. Some have a degree of 3D graphics support, someare chat only. Check the bottom of this wiki page for details.

I use Lumiya on a Nexus tablet. It's an excellent way of staying in touch on the move. As you might expect, the graphics are as rough as a bag of nails in all but the quietest locations. It can (with a little patience) render almost anything the main viewers can, including rigged mesh. You can't build, but you can walk, talk (chat and IM), dance, change clothes, stream music, use RLV, and send and receive money. I've not tried shopping yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

My complaint is that these apps are only available for iPhones and Androids. Why do you need multiple different SL apps for Androids and iPhones when all the other great smartphones out there are still waiting for their first SL app? There used to be an SL beta for Windows phone by Vollee but Vollee vanished off the face of the earth and now the app isn't available anymore.

Sparrow777 wrote:

My complaint is that these apps are only available for iPhones and Androids. Why do you need multiple different SL apps for Androids and iPhones when all the other great smartphones out there are still waiting for their first SL app? There used to be an SL beta for Windows phone by Vollee but Vollee vanished off the face of the earth and now the app isn't available anymore.

Answer: Because it's all about demand. The most popular platforms will get the Apps 1st. If not due to income potential then it's due to the number of developers interested in a particular platform that will get together to create a solution.

Thanks guys. I knew I would probably face this problem when I chose to go with Windows phone instead of Android. But I guess I'm just not willing to give up on Windows just for SL quite yet. I'm holding out and hoping Windows phones take off and become a more popular demand. I don't see why not.

LilaJaneScarlet wrote:

Anyone? I know that I have more access to my phone than my computer. What do you guys think should it be available that way

I don't know if it's available to Android phones, but I sometimes use Pocket Metaverse. You can really only chat with it, but it could keep you in touch with friends inworld, if that's what you're looking for.

LilaJaneScarlet wrote:

Anyone? I know that I have more access to my phone than my computer. What do you guys think should it be available that way

I don't know if it's available to Android phones, but I sometimes use Pocket Metaverse. You can really only chat with it, but it could keep you in touch with friends inworld, if that's what you're looking for.

Tex Monday wrote:

LilaJaneScarlet wrote:

Déjà vu  :D

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

LilaJaneScarlet wrote:

Déjà vu

:D

Untitled.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.