"M" isn't working anymore - undependent from viewer

kerashusani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a little issue and hope someone can help me. "M" doesn't open the mouselook anymore. I have the same issue on my notebook too. M is working with an alt, but not with my main account. I already tried to reset all settings. Even if I am logging in on a different viewer M still is not working. I also can't click anything while in mouselook (if I scroll in my mousewheel). btw: clicking Adavanced -> Shortcuts -> Mouselook works for me, it just seems the keybinding is gone

I even tried to copy all settings from the working alt into my main account, but with no effect...

help?

=^..^=

If it follows the account, one possibility is that a gesture is using M as its shortcut key. So, try removing all active gestures, and see if that makes a difference. (The standard viewer won't create gestures with plain letter keys as shortcuts, but it can play ones built that way from other viewers.)

There is also a preferences toggle to go between letter keys starting chat or moving the avatar, but I don't think that's your trouble since it's not affecting all accounts.

There is a bug in LSL that can cause attachments that take controls to break clicking in mouselook, so you can also try removing all your attachments to see if that problem goes away.

If gestures or attachments seem to be behind the problem, you can put them back on one at a time, then try out mouselook and clicking in it, to identify the culprit(s).

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem in Firestorm. Apparently in Preferences I had unchecked the box labeled: "Pressing letter keys affects movement (i.e. WASD) instead of starting local chat.

Once I checked that box "M" began working again. I tried checking and unchecking the box several times and trying the "M" to verify that this was my problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.