Account downgrade

Katsii Tennen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downgraded my account today.  My premium was taken out on Oct. 31, 2013.  I realized i can't afford this and 

downgraded.  I gave up my land and was immediately downgraded.  Then I received a msg that seemed to say they will keep the whole premium that ends in Jan 2014 - but i don't get the priveleges for those 3 months???  That was NOT clearly stated in the downgrade warning.  Hell - it wsn't stated at all.  silly me..i assumed a morality to Lindens that apparently isn't there and thought it would be prorated and some of what I'd paid would return to my paypal account.  Can it be that the owners are so greedy they will take money for which no value is given?

1 answer to this question

Since you have paid for the quarterly Premium Plan your membership will remain at a Premium level until the evening of the last day of the pre-paid period. The day afterwards your membership will revert to the Basic Plan.

You may continue to keep your free land as a Linden Home but don't forget to abandon it a few days before the end of your quarterly Premium membership.

There are no refunds of Premium Memberships. This is spelled out in the Terms of Service agreement...

4.4 Linden Lab does not accept returns or provide refunds of any amounts paid for products or services purchased from Linden Lab.

Except as set forth above or in any Additional Terms, purchases of Linden Content (including but not limited to Usage Subscriptions, Virtual Tender, Linden Dollars, and/or Virtual Goods and Services are final, non-refundable, have no monetary value (i.e. are not a cash account or equivalent) and are purchases of only a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to use, even if they come with a durational term (e.g. a monthly subscription)....

5.1 You may terminate your Account(s) at any time.

You may terminate this Agreement by closing your Account(s) at any time for any reason. In such event, Linden Lab shall have no further obligation or liability to you under this Agreement or otherwise, and you shall be entitled to no compensation or other payment, remedy, recourse or refund.

However, as I indicated, your Premium Membership continues, in force, to the end of the pre-paid period along with any and all Premium Membership benefits.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.