Linden Gifts?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are coimg to the time of year wgen people ask you what you want for Christmas. Some family members are asking me if I want gift certificates. I would like to tell them I would appreciate lindens or SecondLife credit if you will. How can they go about that if they do not play Sl themselves? Is it possible in anyway, like in real life when you do an e-transfer or something?

Ricky40 wrote:

Is it possible in anyway, like in real life when you do an e-transfer or something?

Probably the easiest way would be to have them purchase one of those pre-paid credit debit cards for you instead. They can be purchased just about anywhere, and then you can use it as payment info for yourself in SL and charge your SL stuff to that until the funds are depleted. Other than that... not sure... there's always Paypal.

Dana Hickman wrote:

Ricky40 wrote:

Is it possible in anyway, like in real life when you do an e-transfer or something?

Probably the easiest way would be to have them purchase one of those pre-paid
credit
debit cards for you instead. They can be purchased just about anywhere, and then you can use it as payment info for yourself in SL and charge your SL stuff to that until the funds are depleted. Other than that... not sure... there's always Paypal.

Although a great idea in theory, I wouldn't opt for this if you really only want it for sl. Most won't work  and the few that do are extremely unreliable and hit or miss(more miss than hit) at best. Greendot is the most popular and not many people can get them to work anymore either. I've personally tried quite a few and can no longer get ones that used to work fine, to work anymore. I've also gifted them to 4 different people in the last two years and only one person could get it to work(all purchased from the same place-so no rhyme or reason to that either).

But, the one positive, is that those cards can still be used elsewhere, so they aren't entirely useless, just for sl purposes.

Tari Landar wrote:

Most won't work  and the few that do are extremely unreliable and hit or miss(more miss than hit) at best.

I did not know this, thanks. I've only boughten 3 of them for my alts over the years and they all worked without any issues.. but if the greater consenus is that they're too glitchy .. then yeah, he should probably skip that idea and just set himself up with a Paypal account or something.

XieNzEn Rage wrote:

I would love to get a home in Second Life. If LL would give a half a year's worth of stay for free in a Linden Home for non-premium residents, that would be a very awesome gift I'll ever receive for my three years stay in SL.
:)

I know it's not free but an annual premium isn't far off.

$86.40 per annum of which you are refunded about $62.40 which means that you get your Linden home for just $2 monthly.

Sassy Romano wrote:

XieNzEn Rage wrote:

I would love to get a home in Second Life. If LL would give a half a year's worth of stay for free in a Linden Home for non-premium residents, that would be a very awesome gift I'll ever receive for my three years stay in SL.

$86.40 per annum of which you are refunded about $62.40 which means that you get your Linden home for just $2 monthly.

Just renewed an annual premium account for $72.00, but maybe your figure included a tax? 

A big draw back of premium accounts is that at the end if you don't renew and forget to downgrade to basic before it expires, they lock the account and the only way to get it unlocked is to renew the premium for the same length of time it was before.  At least this is what I've seen cried about in several threads.

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

XieNzEn Rage wrote:

Just renewed an annual premium account for $72.00, but maybe your figure included a tax? 

A big draw back of premium accounts is that at the end if you don't renew and forget to downgrade to basic before it expires, they lock the account and the only way to get it unlocked is to renew the premium for the same length of time it was before.  At least this is what I've seen cried about in several threads.

Sassy's price may have included VAT.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.