Unable to Search for Adult content despite Preferences?

Picklepuss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I returned to SL just recently after having been away for about a year or so. Now I'm unable to Search for adult content; the button is grayed out and "blocked due to my maturity settings" despite my Preferences. Here are two screenshots to show you what I mean:

s24.postimg.org/dun840tyt/exhibit_A.png

s21.postimg.org/fc5go967b/exhibit_B.png

Is there anything I can possibly do to fix this? 

12 answers to this question

I submitted a case and was told "Our records show that your Second Life account has a Basic (free) membership. Basic members have many Support options open to them (you can file cases about most account issues, billing issues, marketplace issues, and some technical issues), but it seems like your issue in this case is not one that is supported for Basic members."

... and there's LL again assuming that they don't have to support the residents, and that we'll all always be here to do it for free.

But I think its just the OP has changed the settings, but the system hasn't taken any notice of it yet, just because SL is quirky like that. A relog, or a relog into a different sim might just do the trick. Otherwise ... (no idea).

Thank you everyone for trying to help me. Over the last few days I've tried logging in via 3 different viewers including the official one, and I've relogged in multiple sims. Unfortunately nothing's worked, and I do feel slightly better knowing it's not something simple I've overlooked. As for LL's response, well... if that was supposed to persuade me to become a Premium Member, it had the opposite effect.

This issue [Fouled up Maturity Permissions in the Account Database for a particular Avatar Account] is a documented problem already. The solution has been to file a Support Case to clear it up. Clearly Linden Lab has decided that this particular issue, even though it has a known manual repair solution, will not be allowed for the Basic Accounts. :( I'm getting depressed.

• Like 1

Ooooooh, Karen, that is grim. How does Linden Lab expect to retain users if they won't provide support. Why can they not realise that there are many non-premium people who actually pay a lot into the Linden economy via rentals and shopping. I am getting depressed about this also. :(

Ok here is a Hail Mary - Jump Start Option

Do the reverse of the following post for all 3 Adult Option

Since you registered with your real life information and birth date, all you need to do that is age related is to make sure you have selected the level of information you are willing to see

1) In the Viewer General Tab [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

2) In the in-world Search Window - Perform any search then check the desired viewing levels in the upper left area of the search window - [ G ] [ M ] [ A ]

3) In the MarketPlace click on the Show maturity levels Down Arrow and select the desired viewing options phrase. {Note: I find it interesting that you can select Adult Only as one of the options here}

The goal is to kick the database a bit by downgrading your accepted levels to G only!!!!!! Afterwards, Exit the Viewer then login again - Logoff again and then login again. On the 2nd relogin, go ahead and do the Preferences General Tab Request for M & A Status. Then in 24+ hours - let's say next Tuesday try again to up to A on the Search & Marketplace.

This gives LL 2 batch cycles to update your account using thier nightly processes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.