coming back to SL, what's the deal, are old avatars obsolete ?

Fly Mothman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No... but you do need a current viewer.  Perhaps if you provide your system specs and tell us which viewer (including version number) you're using, you'll be able to get more specific help with your issue.  All this information can be found in your viewer's help menu under About (viewer name)... just copy and paste it all here.

...Dres

Fly Mothman wrote:

I have a current viewer, that's not the problem.

You must have some sort of viewer- or technical related problem...but if you know better go on. By the way, there is no such thing as a "current avatar" or anything like that. The basic avatar is still the same.

Fly Mothman wrote:

I have a current viewer, that's not the problem.

There are NINETEEN CURRENT VIEWERS in the Directory.  Some of them have their own unique problems.

You come here for help but now you want to make us torture you to get potentially useful information out of you.

You said, "one doesn't show up right."

How about a screen shot maybe of the problem?

But no, make us pull teeth.

The old avatar might be using some texture that hasn't been used by anyone in a long time and SL just refuses to load it. I would try switching back to the default linden avatar and see if that works. I'm not sure what the new avatar problem is. Is it partially invisible?

Fly Mothman wrote:

Have tried coming on with 2 of my avatars, one won't show up at all, period, the other I bought a new avatar for and it doesn't show up right.

Do you need a current avatar to exist now ?

No, you don't need a "current avatar" to exist now.

In fact, I would urge you to clear your cache, and go into Advanced Menu, do a character test, so that your avatar goes back to "factory settings" and just bung on whatever clothing, hair, accessories you want to wear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.