"Loser" It follows my avatar wherever I go.

CPW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Please tell me how to remove the "Loser" flashing words that follow my avatar.  I was visting the Elizabethan new featured area and someone there attached this to my avatar .... I think. Help please.

6 answers to this question

What fun. You have a follower tag that lives to annoy you.

If this happens only at the Elizabethan region then all you can do is:

1) Ctrl-Alt-T - Turns on transparency Mode.
2) Look for the object following you - It may be very small.
3) File an A.R. on the object with Linden Lab.

If this happens in any region then all you need to:

1) Find a private place.
2) Get naked.
3) Put on one item at a time and when you discover what gift someone gave you that causes this, delete it.

P.S. Don't forget to get dressed again.

EDIT: I DECLARE A TRIPLE JINX :P

Does this follow you when you teleport away from the sim you were on when it first starting following you?

If so, then yes, it would appear to be attached to your avatar.

You need to find yourself a nice quiet corner and detach absolutely everything, and then replace items one by one until you find what the offending item is in and remove it again and delete it.

A griefer (sad git whose only joy in life is trying to make other people miserable) has either created a 'follower' object and told it to follow you or has given you an object that you are wearing (not neccessarily clothes but just an 'attachment').

First, and easiest, teleport to a 'safe' sim such as Caledon Oxbridge.  Followers can't teleport so if that's what it is you'll shake it off that way.  If it's still there then it must be an attachment.  There are changing-rooms at Caledon Oxbridge to preserve your modesty while you take off everything - including hair, etc.  One of those things will have the offending object in it.

Another advantage of going to Caledon Oxbridge (or a similar helper-organisation sim) is that there will be helpers and other experienced residents there who can talk you through all this.

Finally - file an Abuse Report against the owner of the offending object.  Being banned won't stop them but it's our way of telling them we care ;-0

[ETA:  Oh, I'm way too slow at 2am.  Well done ladies]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.