Use tattoos to get an unique indivual look

Jeaninisan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I always think that second life is the ground, to do different things and try new experiences. I think i managed to get an individual look , using new and bold hair, and adding tattoos to my avi.

I mixed and match a lot to get this rockabillie style.

Snapshot_001.jpg

If u want to know more about this look go to my page at pinterest.

:matte-motes-kiss:

see you in world

You know...most of us don't have clones of our avatars running around, because thats nearly impossible. And no, tattoos don't make you more or less unique, because they are not different than anything else you can buy. I think the only group who isn't unique are newbies who went shopping at old freebie places....and maybe invisible ponyriders, because their shape and clothes are always in the same style. :catwink:

It's not only tattoos, but the use of the tattoo layer for facial features as well. You probably know that some skin creators sell skins with several eyebrow colors, but also no eyebrows. But did you know that some sell with different noses, and different eyefolds so you can look asian or caucasian? You can wear a real "Frankenstein look" hehe. Skin with asian fold, eyebrows from another creator, pick a nose that you think look best, then add on lipstick from a third skin creator that draws the lips a bit different... I love this freedom, but it makes it damn hard to identify skins.

Some of my tattoo layer collection for face is moles, freckles, dimples, eyebrows, eyeliners, mascara, cheek blush and definition, lipstick, lipshine, fantasy makeup like peacock or butterfly, scars, wounds, bandaids, tears, dirt, blood in all versions, tattoos, warpaint, Dia de Los Muertos faces, android, clown faces, mermaid scales...... I bet I have forgot something. I am using undershirt and underpant layers for actual body tattoos, since I use up all 5 tattoo layers on the head part.

I am so grateful for every tattoo artist that includes at least one clothing layer. Also those who sell cleavage versions, and full body versions of the things I already mention for the face. 5 tattoo layers is simply not enough, I must use clothing layers for the body.

ok, i used to be BLONDE, but then some drama queen (who's avatar looks very similar to mine) accused me of copying her style.  Well i don't do drama, and that was a reason for me to do a complete makeover. Here it is:

Dani pic new.png

I bought the shape+Skin, added different eyes+hair, and a tattoo. And i modified the face a little too. What do you think?

Personally, I think an abundance of tattoos is kind of unappealing. I don't like the sleeves that people do and a person having their entire body covered doesn't do anything for me.  But again, this is SL and I respect that people use their artwork to reflect their individuality.

I have one small tattoo on my arm that a friend made for me. There are a lot of transgendered people in my SL family and I wanted a tattoo that would reflect the two worlds that they live in...thus the two small hearts surrounded by the larger heart. tattoo.jpg

The artist in the picture is one of my ALTs and I just added a ton of tats for dramatic effect....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

When it comes to tattoos it depends A LOT on the quality of the textures. One bad tattoo can throw an avatar back into the newbie-corner and a good one can show, that they are experianced or simply have taste.

@danica: That was the total wrong signal you send to the woman. Instead of changing your look you should have simply ignored her (I like your look in the picture, but you just gave her the impression that she was right with her drama).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.