Media problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Charlottexoxoxo wrote:

Never had this problem before but on my land I can only here my radio/ TV while in close parameters of them. Where are the settings to change this? I am using Firestorm.

Thank you!

that is the flash tv's or basically shared media on a prim..

those are objects with the media on them..

if you want music  in your whole parcel..you need to go to about land and then the sound tab and put in a music station url in the slot and  then turn on your music player..same would go for the  streaming  media..

but i'm not sure there are streaming tv's like those anymore..there might be..

i haven't used one in a while myself..

Media on a Prim seems to be the first thing LLs did under their new "we refuse to use SL ourselves" policy.

It is ranged based. The further from it you get, the lower the volume. And the drop off is fairly short ranged. Drop shared media into a prim and then stand a distance from it that is measured to be the same as a typical real life living room couch to TV... and you will barely be able to hear anything on that prim.

So if your music is coming from 'shared media' / media on a prim... this is expected behavoir.

If it is coming from parcel media I do not know.

Parcel media also has some notable "we refuse to eat our own dogfood" problems.

- Most notably being that if Flash is installed on your computer (almost everyone), it will insist on using Flash instead of other formats.

But Flash is a dying technology, already getting intentionally crippled by not just browser developors, but Adobe as well. Apple purposefully killed Flash in order to promote its own proprietary MP4 format for video. NVM everything else Flash does...

And SL... SL will use Flash through your browser... rather than being directly hooked to it.

Its already broken for many Mac users (current versions of Flash can't play in SL, but SL will insist on them even if you disable them, if they exist on your machine)... Only a matter of time before it gimps PC users as well, if not already.

But lower sound is an unusual one for Flash.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.