Pregnancy Shape

Charlottexoxoxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If your regular shape can be modified, you can make copies of it and use the appearance sliders for shapes to increase your belly and other appropriate body parts.  You could make a series of them representing several stages of pregnancy and wear them in sequence as your pregnancy progresses.

This has the advantage of being free and allows you to wear system layer clothes and some mesh without having to modify them.  You could modify any prim or unrigged mesh parts of the outfit only as needed.  Just make a copy to modify and leave the original as is.

I know it's not a shape, but I would just say that Hucci has a very realistic mesh dress for mums-to-be. You get the cutest tummy with this, as long as you keep the dress on.  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HH-Hucci-Mama-Dolisie-Dress-DEMO/5344966

The Baby Bump certainly looks interesting.

But I would say that it's possible to make your current shape into a pregnant one. First "showing", you only adjust your stomach numbers up. Around 20 should give a visible "bump". In second trimester, I would add a few points to the breasts, and add on a bit buoyancy as well. Let us say that you increase your breast size two times during second trimester, for the mid and late, and add on 2-5 on buoyancy. Adding on a little bit body fat would be nice during the second trimester, but not too much yet. 

Third trimester, well what belly number you should end on, only you knows, lol. If you didn't add body fat during second trimester, now is the time to turn up the number a bit. Because you can have so much roleplay later, working out and complaining about your weight....! Add on more on breast size and 5-10 on butt. Don't forget that breasts come in all sizes, what I suggest is for those with medium sized breasts in SL. Small, thin waifs with flat chests would probably not put on much in size and buoyancy. Or you could roleplay a really big increase. Your fun! A few dials up on hip width and saddlebags would be good. If you want a realistic look, making only the belly bigger is not just good enough, IMHO. 

Keep the face intact, but if you add on body fat it will look really good to drop the jawline a bit. Again, small changes.

Best part by changing yourself, is that you can add on this growth in so small steps as you wish. The mesh belly had only midterm and fullterm.  No need to buy clothes with Baby Bump appliers. I could see that the curve on the mesh tummy was more attractive than the default SL body. So it is worth it if you are picky. 

Hi, I had someone custom make mine based on my avi as she is currently.  So easy to use and they look wonderful.  Her name is Shilo Adored.  She is on the marketplace.   Great customer service and quick turn around.  Extremely happy with her services.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Natural-Moves-Custom-Pregnancy-Shapes-10-Shapes/3239602

Hope this helps.

Before trying to edit your shape, make a copy of it. Then as you work on it, use "Save as" and then the description, like: "1 trimester". Do not use "Save" or you overwrite your current settings! This way you can save several stages, ready to be worn. And you can find them easy by searching for the name you gave the shape.

The best would be to create a new folder under "Body Parts".

• 6 years later...

On 11/2/2013 at 9:37 AM, Jazleen Raynier said:

When I was pregnant with twins, fortunately my shape was modifiable and all I did was make my belly bigger and my breasts a little plumper and it looked absolutely natural and sooo much cheaper than buying a pregnant belly.

im currently pregnant with twins.. can you share the numbers you used for you shape? like growth wise?? (tia.)

2 hours ago, Halie Oh said:

im currently pregnant with twins.. can you share the numbers you used for you shape? like growth wise?? (tia.)

You're responding to a post that's more than 6 years old, it's highly unlikely that she is still here. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.