Anyone have a work around for changing the profile pic from TGA for windows 8?

Mira Novo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since SL won't let us use the snapshots anymore and we have to upload the image. The problem I have run into is.. Unless you have a photo editor you cannot convert easily to the required format. Windows 8 apps do not have that kind of backward ability.

Freeware options I have found have yet to work, not to mention having to tip toe through the bloat AD ware mine fields.

Any input would be helpful.. or maybe the viewer could take the images in the required format like it used to.. :)

3 answers to this question

If you are changing your profile pic on the web profile, you can upload an image in PNG, JPG, or GIF format from your hard drive.  If you want to update the profile pic in world, you can grab any pic from your inventory and drag it into the texture window in the profile (or click on the texture window and use the file menu to locate an image). That's the way I always change mine. It works with the Firestorm viewer and with several (all?) of the other TPVs;  I can't recall whether Linden Lab's V3 viewer still has that capability.  Because you can upload images in PNG, TGA, JPG, or BMP format from your hard drive to SL, that means you should easily be able to use a TGA image on your computer without converting it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.