my.secondlife.com persistent problems

NealCrz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Down again or appearing to be down?  I consistently get this error but can usually get on after a few tries.

Clearing cache cookies etc does nothing.  Here it fails across 3 different browsers, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

No other forum I belong too has these issues from deep sea fishing to 3D creation.

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 8.42.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 8.43.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Dead as a doornail, it won't let anybody log in. The front page, not logged in, is still working. The last feed message that made it out alive was 13 hours ago.

It's amazing how Linden Lab leaves that web site be broken so often. That's one they should treat as critical, seeing how important profiles are to the whole SL experience.

Neal, while I tend to agree with you and it is frustrating at times, but in all fairness mySL is not a forum.  This SLF forum has issues i.e., spammers that LL needs to resolve, but mySL comes with a whole set of its own problems.  mySL appears to be growing in users every day.

I don't share Thinkerer's suggestion that it is no longer a useful site.  Was it ever?  If yes, then people will still find it useful; perhaps a different usefulness, but...

I think if LL has any short-term plans to seek a valuation of their company and products, the mySL product will be viewed as a valuabe asset.  I was told mySL is also a LL role-your-own; if they made it they can fix it. 

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2013/10/29/post2093/

[postED 9:00 AM PDT 29 October 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on my.secondlife.com. Until this maintenance is complete, my.secondlife.com, in-world profiles and other services may be unavailable, and feeds may not update properly. Please watch this blog for further details.

NealCrz wrote:

Down again or appearing to be down?  I consistently get this error but can usually get on after a few tries.

Clearing cache cookies etc does nothing.  Here it fails across 3 different browsers, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

No other forum I belong too has these issues from deep sea fishing to 3D creation.

NealCrz wrote:

Missing your daily dose of cheap pr0n? Or no, I am guessing you miss the chance to show off your daily dose of cheap pr0n.

You are probably the only one missing it.

Good point. I guess it's more like facebook.  I find it useful as do many of my friends as a way to communicate.

Still not sure why I persistently get that message even when it's up across multiple browsers.  Perhaps the Jira issue mentioned though as stated, I never get that on other sites.  I appreciate that we have it an it's become a usueful tool.

For me and many others SL doesnt exist as a free site, so a certain level of SLAs is expected, well hoped for :).

Its all good fun and I don't get too wrapped up in anything SL but I do spend dollars here lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.