Sign in to follow this  
V1ctrix

..::VD::.. Looking for Designers

Recommended Posts

My company is called ..::Victrix Designs::..

I am looking to get my personal business moving a lot faster, however, I do not have enough time in the day to make enough clothing items to be able to start selling a large quantity of goods. With that said, I am in need of Designers. My business has stayed rather small but I would like to start to increase the size of it. I am not looking for any specific style of designer. You can design for both genders or one or the other. I would like to keep the focus on adults for the time being and move towards children clothing at a later time.

 

If you are interested or would like more Info please, contact me.

 

Victrix Ghoststar

..::Victrix Designs::.. Founder & CEO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly do you mean and what are you bringing to the table? Are you looking for full perm items to sell, or providing sales space in return for a share of income or looking for business partner(s)?

I looked at your MP store and you have one item that has no picture.  Give us a link to your inworld store so we can see your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many interesting posts today on the forums or maybe I have just been absent for awhile. 


Call me a bit skeptical here.  Nothing on MP of the work you have done.  An In-World store SLURL was requested by a poster but not forthcoming. As one of the posters stated, you do not provide what you bring to the table.  Are you willing to pay $25.00 to $75.00 USD  per hour for a graphic designer to create clothing for you?  Are you wanting full permission items you can sell exclusively or, semi exclusively?  If so, what are you willing to pay for them per item? 

Are you wanting a partnership?  What do you bring to table as a partner?  What building/creating skills to the partnership? If a designer has a business, how is that incorporated into the partnership?

Many a creator started out slow in SL since a majority of us have to work for a living in RL to support our creative hobby in SL.  It's not a race. So many unanswered questions.   Few, if any, will ever get rich in SL.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all made me ponder, too. If somebody is a skilled designer, I see no reason why they would need to work for somebody else unless that person already had grid-wide fame and was able to provide real exposure for the business. If a partner brought social media credibility to the partnership, and had a wide and demonstrable network, then that could possibly work, since many creators have little time for maintaining blogs/Flickr/Plurk/Twitter/Facebook/etc.

An aside- Several times over the years, I've had men (all noobs in freebie business suits) tell me they can be my manager/business partner for a 50% cut. All I'd need to do is make all the content, and they would run my SL business for me. Because they have Skills. Sounds fair, huh! It's given me a giggle each time. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Tiffy Vella wrote:

This all made me ponder, too. If somebody is a skilled designer, I see no reason why they would need to work for somebody else unless that person already had grid-wide fame and was able to provide
real
exposure for the business.
If
a partner brought social media credibility to the partnership, and had a wide and demonstrable network, then that could possibly work, since many creators have little time for maintaining blogs/Flickr/Plurk/Twitter/Facebook/etc.

An aside- Several times over the years, I've had men (all noobs in freebie business suits) tell me they can be my manager/business partner for a 50% cut. All I'd need to do is make all the content, and they would run my SL business for me. Because they have Skills. Sounds fair, huh! It's given me a giggle each time.
:)

Actually, it's not that crazy. I've been known to build projects and someone else makes the MP listing and takes the pictures and writes up the documentation and handles customer service, and we go 50/50 on sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Gadget Portal wrote:


Tiffy Vella wrote:

This all made me ponder, too. If somebody is a skilled designer, I see no reason why they would need to work for somebody else unless that person already had grid-wide fame and was able to provide
real
exposure for the business.
If
a partner brought social media credibility to the partnership, and had a wide and demonstrable network, then that could possibly work, since many creators have little time for maintaining blogs/Flickr/Plurk/Twitter/Facebook/etc.

An aside- Several times over the years, I've had men (all noobs in freebie business suits) tell me they can be my manager/business partner for a 50% cut. All I'd need to do is make all the content, and they would run my SL business for me. Because they have Skills. Sounds fair, huh! It's given me a giggle each time.
:)

Actually, it's not
that
crazy. I've been known to build projects and someone else makes the MP listing and takes the pictures and writes up the documentation and handles customer service, and we go 50/50 on sales.

Why not hire them so that you have 100% for the rest of SL`s life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Alicia Sautereau wrote:


Gadget Portal wrote:


Tiffy Vella wrote:

This all made me ponder, too. If somebody is a skilled designer, I see no reason why they would need to work for somebody else unless that person already had grid-wide fame and was able to provide
real
exposure for the business.
If
a partner brought social media credibility to the partnership, and had a wide and demonstrable network, then that could possibly work, since many creators have little time for maintaining blogs/Flickr/Plurk/Twitter/Facebook/etc.

An aside- Several times over the years, I've had men (all noobs in freebie business suits) tell me they can be my manager/business partner for a 50% cut. All I'd need to do is make all the content, and they would run my SL business for me. Because they have Skills. Sounds fair, huh! It's given me a giggle each time.
:)

Actually, it's not
that
crazy. I've been known to build projects and someone else makes the MP listing and takes the pictures and writes up the documentation and handles customer service, and we go 50/50 on sales.

Why not hire them so that you have 100% for the rest of SL`s life?

The rarity of my projects. I don't list stuff for sale often, and when I do, it's niche items that sell even less often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gadget, I can see why it'd be good to have somebody else do all that 'other stuff'. Once you have a finished item, there is still so much to do just to get it for sale. Photography, boxing, store presentation, writing notecards, uploading to MP, group notices, sending to various new product listings, sending to bloggers...all of that can take as much time and effort as making whatever the thing is to start with, and  having your SLifestyle turn into that is not going to be everybody's bag. (How some people still have time to actively socialise I'll never know, as it's turned me into a virtual recluse (NOT complaining, btw- I love how I've chosen to spend my time, and find it endlessly fascinating)) Sometimes, I'd like to just create (or happily sail around the Blake Sea) and forget about all the tedious salesy parts, but I'd never trust just anybody with no track record to take over that side of the business for a slice of the hard-earned.

Alicia, you make a good point. To me, paying somebody a once-off fee per product to set up sales makes much more sense than splitting profits in an endless agreement. I know of many businesses where the styling/photography is outsourced, for example, or where somebody is paid to write all the MP descriptions and sales blurbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this