Can someone I blocked see my profile?

LexxiSixx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Firestorm. This is more of two questions.

Can someone see my profile if I've blocked them and they used to be a friend? Does blocking them automatically remove my calling card?

They probably have my calling card so, that means easy access to see my profile. I don't want them knowing my personal info anymore. I want to know so I know whether or not its time for me to maybe consider a new profile. I don't like the idea of someone I obviously don't want to talk to or knowing my business, being able to see my profile even though I've blocked them. -.-

6 answers to this question

HI Lexxi,

Once you have blocked someone they shouldn't be able to see your profile or look you up in any search and when they are around you they will probably appear as just a cloud. If I remember correctly, what they type in chat won't even show up for you. I'm sorry you had to block someone :-\ That's no fun.

Hello LexxiSixx,

you can define which parts of your profile information only friends can see, on this page: https://my.secondlife.com/de/settings/privacy

Calling Cards are part of the other resident's inventory, so you cannot remove them.

They can always see your legacy profile on world.secondlife.com as long as it exists, even from outside SL when they are not logged in, e.g. here's mine: http://world.secondlife.com/resident/98210214-85fe-4c75-8464-056f1366110b.

You have two profiles: Your web profile and your in-world profile (the one that Martin referred to as your "legacy" profile).  They are related, and they contain the same basic information, most of which is public stuff that you cannot hide.  Your web profile also includes functions that allow someone else to "follow" you, facebook-style, and to post and comment on photos.  You can restrict access to the facebooky feed part of your web profile and to some of the other information, but not the public parts (your av name, SL birthdate, PIOF status). I have done exactly that, so that nobody can follow me or see my feed. You can click the tabs for Settings >>> Privacy to make your non-public profile parts as restriucted as you want.

I won't go into the mysecondlife "Facebook" type profile, others have already done so...and anyway, I hardly ever use that feature.

Your in world profile is public information, and even people you've blocked can see it.  Think of it as your ad in the Second Life Yellow Pages.  Don't say anything in your profile that you aren't comfortable sharing with the world...the WHOLE world.

What Blocking does is prevent that person from sending you local chat, voice, sounds, IMs or inventory offers.  They can still hear YOUR local chat, see your avatar, read your profile, drive over you with their car, or shoot you with their bazooka.

In other words, it makes them nonexistent as far as you are concerned, but does not make YOU nonexistent to THEM.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.