Autodesk FBX Converter No Longer Compatible With SL?

Cathy Foil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey is anyone else having no luck uploading DAE files created with the Autodesk FBX Converter besides Ariel Liveoak and myself?

I have tried DAE files that uploaded just fine a week or two ago but now they are not uploading and I am getting error like WARNING: validate_model: Model has no faces!

I have tried FBX Converter 2013, 2012.2 and 2011.

I am exporting out of Maya as an FBX file and then converting it to a DAE file using the Autodesk FBX Converter.

LL must have changed something.

I'd love to test this, Cathy, but unfortunately, since I cannot agree to the new TOS, I can't.  I'll be curious to hear how this plays out, though.

It's probably silly of me, but I'm still holding out hope that the TOS will change back to something reasonable, and I'll be able to use SL again.  Then again, if it doesn't, I guess that's one way of not having to worry about any Maya/SL compatibility woes.

I tested this in SL but also in InWorldz with their beta viewer that has mesh upload and Qarl's Mesh Deformer.  I got the same errors on both grids.  So if you like to test it and don't want to agree with LL new TOS, you can test it on the InWorldz grid.  Mesh upload is free there.

LL did an automatic update of the default viewer and I hoped it would solve the problem but it didn't.  The updated did make my head all grey by not loading my head texture.  I updated Singularity as well and when I logged on with it to SL my entire avatar was grey.  I don't know what any of that has to do with the FBX Converter mesh upload problem.  Just thought I throw that in there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.