…I submitted an abuse report two days ago - still unable to use the land

Vampyre Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

…I submitted an abuse report two days ago - still unable to use the land

Even if they ban the resident, the damage would still ned to be undone. Is there someone I should speak to?

If not, how would we regain use of our land

…All that needs to happen is to have the objects returned to the resident by someone with the permission to do so…

------------

Reply:

I have performed all of these steps. I am unable to return the objects as they were rezzed on adjacent land, but are large enough to literally fill ours. When looking at the land objects, there are none owned b ythe offending AVI, and they never even had permission to rez onthe land to begin with. If the other landowners do not log in to return the objects (as some of the land is abandoned and owned by Governer Linden), what options are there for returning these objects from the SIM.

1 answer to this question

Angellus,

Hello. Filing an A.R. with Linden Lab is indeed the correct thing to do. Unfortunately, all this will accomplish is the possible banning of this individual from Second Life if it is determined that their account is responsible for the griefing attack. Here are your options at this time.

If your parcel is on a LL mainland region:

1) As the parcel owner YOU must 1st ban the avatar account. - In reality all this does is keep that avatar account from returning to your particular parcel.

2) On your parcel, YOU need to use the About Land Objects Tab make sure that the Object Build and Entry options are unchecked so that only the parcel owner may rez objects. - This prevents reinfection from neighboring parcels that are still infested.

3) On your parcel, YOU need to use the About Land Objects Tab to locate all objects owned by this avatar account and return them en-mass. Just keep on hitting the object refresh button and then select the abusing avatars name and return all objects over and over till all are gone.

This effectively gives you back control of your parcel. These tasks MUST be performed by YOU. Linden Lab will NOT perform these for you.

It does nothing for the visual clutter from your neighbors parcel who do not have these basic security measures in place. Nor will this give you back any region performance. You as well as your neighbors need to make sure those A.R/'s are filed mentioning that the region is unusable. This little factoid may light a fire under the LL Staffer assigned to ban the avatar account from the region.

P.S. If your neighbors do not login and perform steps 2-3 then this issue may plague you for a long while.

EDITED:

As I recall, the land abandoned to Governor Linden should not have public object rezzing and object entry set. If it does then file an A.R. for each of those parcels. I know, what a pain in the.... :P

Remember, you may just be seeing the particles floating into the abandoned parcels which they are allowed to do unfortunately. The particle emitters still need to be rezzed on land where they are allows to exist. Make sure to file an A.R. for at least one particle emitters per infected parcel. LL can be myopic at times.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.