Sign in to follow this  
KazumaIkezawa

Trying to find C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm ...cant find it, please help.

Question

UM well your SL login user name.

ADDED: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm Me i would just un install and re install afresh.

oops, Rolig is correct, was thinking something else, The user name on your comp. I claim temporary insanity.

5 answers to this question

UM well your SL login user name.

ADDED: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm Me i would just un install and re install afresh.

oops, Rolig is correct, was thinking something else, The user name on your comp. I claim temporary insanity.

Replace USERNAME with your PC user name, or enable viewing of hidden folders and use Windows Explorer (do they still call it that?) to first go to C:, then look for a user folder with your PC user name on it, then drill down through AppData, Roaming, Firestorm and finally to a folder with your SL username on it. It'll be handy for you to understand where the various SL viewers hide all their secret stuff, as you sometimes need to noodle around in them when things go haywire. (Yes, I speak this way in RL, too! ;-)

• Like 1

That's Your own name, not your SL avatar's name.  And in your case, since you are looking to repair the SecondLife viewer, you should be looking for the final directory in that pathway named SecondLife, not Firestorm

Nah.... He's just trying to clear the accumulated notifications folder. There's no need to reinstall for that. ;)

Besides the other great answers, the Appdata file is a "hidden" file.  to view hidden files, go to any folder, click Organize in the upper left of the folder view window.  Pick Folder and Search Options, then View, and in the advanced settings click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.  Then click Apply to Folders and OK.

• Like 1