Flying Vehicles v/s Parcel is Full?

Darleen Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Andrew or Maestro...can you say if there is a bug fix in the works for  Flying vehicles with avatar sitting  being returned after  entering a new sim  that happens to have  one  parcel that is  full ?

I think prims are supposed to be "barrowed " from sim server  "reserve prims" so that  flying vehicles with avatar sitting  do not get returned or interfered with even is parcel is full.  true?

Also note that most of the time.....the vehicle owner is ejected from the vehicle  into some "limbo" state.  that usually requires a teleport or re-log.    Even if able to teleport home...the Avatar itself looses the  ability to turn  left  or right.....and must re-log to get un-stuck.

All of the above makes it nearly impossible to do any cross region  flying tours. :(

Back in the day we had a work around for this. I havent used it for quite a while so your milage may vary. We would script our planes to turn TEMP on start up and to revert back to normal when shut down. The theory being that the temp prim's were part of a separate prim pool, so no poof. It also had the advantage of cleaning up any wayward planes should you become unseated.

This is a known bug and the parcel full message is given even if there are no full parcels, that is, the message is false.

The updates this week contains this, which I believe is the problem you are describing -

Fixed "Vehicles which exit a region with a passenger are incorrectly autoreturned and become 'ghost shapes' in the physics engine" (BUG-4024[c])

This was rolled out on the RC sims last week, so let's hope this fixes the issue.

There are several different bugs that might fit the OP's description, and it's probably too much to hope that they'll all get fixed this week. In particular, I expect we'll still have the 2007 bug involving crossing directly onto parcels that do not have enough prims.

(And yeah, temp prims probably would be immune from that parcel-full case; I don't know if no-object-entry is still a problem, which would presumably affect temp prims the same as non-temp.)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploy-for-the-week-of-2013-10-21/m-p/2280005#M12341

See Marianne McCann's post

Reply to Maestro Linden  - view message

‎22-10-2013 09:01 PM - edited ‎22-10-2013 09:02 PM

I'm hearing of an *increase* rather than a decrease in the "parcel full" bug after this morning's rolls, both from railroad and aviation fans. I'll try to round up more feedback on it.

• 1 month later...

Some aircraft creators now use a system that allows you to fly over/through full parcells and sims by having a setting that turns the vehicle into a non-physical object. The feature has to be turned off when you take off and land. It's generally called "flight safe feature" or a variant thereof.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.