Cancelling pending deletion

HeatherQ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HeatherQ wrote:

I accidentally requested deletion for LadySarahX. How do I undo  it? I have rare items on that account.

I'm not sure, but I'd contact support ASAP .. by phone call if possible. By Support Ticket if need be. I have no experience with this but that seems like your best bet.

But you may want to grit your teeth and prepare for the worst too. Just in case ....

HeatherQ wrote:

I accidentally requested deletion for LadySarahX. How do I undo  it? I have rare items on that account.

If you are a Premium account holder you can call LL.  If not, you need to open a support ticket.  In the first box select "Account Issue," in the second box "Reactivate an Old Account."  Then complete the info box with details on date deleted, etc.  You will receive a response from support asking for identifying info on the account.

The bottom of this page provides the same info.  If your account was recently deleted, there is a good chance it will be restored intact.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Actually, even if you don't have a premium account, you can call LL for this. I made the same mistake once during a period of basic membership. They fixed it imediately!

You've got more pull than I have. ;)  I did the same thing not too long ago and filed a support ticket.  I was then asked for the RL name under which I registered the account, my date of birth, and the date and exact amount of my last linden transaction; the problem with that was, I couldn't access my account page to get that info, which I explained in the reply to my ticket.  I received a response then saying I needed to fax or send as an attachment an ID (drivers license, passport, etc.) clearly showing my name and DOB.  I thought that was silly to ask for information that one couldn't possibly have (unless they remembered or happened to take a screen shot or something prior) so I called LL and somehow wound up getting connected to Concierge support.  I explained the situation to a very helpful customer service rep. who agreed that was a stupid question but that he couldn't help me because I wasn't Premium.  He then told me to call Billing.  I asked if they would help with something like this and he said it was borderline but they probably would.

I contacted billing and got hold of a "Scout."  I explained the situation to her; she said she saw my account but I would have to send the requested ID.  I said, "So you can "see" my account, and see that the two other pieces of info I provided are correct, but because I don't know the last linden transaction I still have to send in my ID?"  She said yes so I attached a scanned copy of my drivers license to a reply to the support ticket and got my account back.

This was about a month ago so if your situation was farther back, probably the same lack of concern we're seeing on a lot of fronts with LL.  But at least I got my (alternate) account back!!

Why do people feel it's necessary to delete their accounts?

If I would ever decide not to play SL anymore I'd just let little Orcsipoopsie vegetate in server nirvana. Avies tend to stay crisp and fresh in there and are always ready for a comeback.

Here is the number to call if you don't have a premium membership and don't want to file a support ticket. As long as you have the answers to your secret questions when the account was created and the original email you should not have to go through the process of sending in your picture ID.

1-866-476-9763

HeatherQ wrote:

According to the knowledge base,(http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.5.2 )here's what you have to do:

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

Good luck....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.