My Home has changed but my Home login splash screen has not. It's supposed to. I have cleared cache.

hikejo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Home has changed but my Home login splash screen has not. It's supposed to. I have cleared cache. This is true for any viewer I use, although the newest viewer, Singularity, is stuck on a later Home view.

It's not a big deal I guess, except that I have some pretty unpleasant memories associated with my old Home that the LL and Firestorm viewers are stuck on. Would love to update that.

You'd think, when you change your Home, that screen would update, and I've read that it does, but it sure doesn't.

Is there anything I can do?

3 answers to this question

Try first to choose "login from last my location", then TP to your new home, reset your home location, quit and relog. It should logically fix it. There is not such thing as saving your home location screenshot. So if you were in your home last time you logged off, the starting screen should show your current home.

However, some other residents seem to experience the same issue. Please have a look at this thread.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Controls/set-home-login-screen-does-not-change-when-a-new-set-home-is/qaq-p/1972881

Hi Hikejo,

If Val's suggestions don't resolve the problem, try searching your computer for a file named "screen_last.bmp". On a Mac, you'd find it in the "~/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/hikejo_resident" folder. (Change viewer and avatar names as appropriate.) I don't know where you'd find that file on a PC. Once you find the file, take a peek at it to make sure it's the old home scene you wish to remove, then delete it.

If this doesn't work for you, come back here and edit your question via "Option" over there on the right, so we can continue working on a solution.

Goodl luck!

• Like 2

This worked, perfectly. The only thing to note is that the folder/file is "~/Library/Application Support/Firestorm/hikejo_resident" -- the SecondLife folder was the one Singularity is using. After deleting screen_last.bmp, I went to another location, teleported home (not using the home button), and then reset where I landed as the "new" home. Signed out, signed back in, perfect! Thanks for the help both of you!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.